Thread: Amber Alert August 24, 2012

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs

Amber Alert August 24, 2012

I hope this is ok to post here, I figure the more the information gets out to the more people, the better. If this is not ok, please let me know and I will delete this thread.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Am...527/story.html

BRAMPTON, Ont. - Peel Regional Police have issued an Amber Alert for two young brothers allegedly abducted by their biological mother from their foster home in southern Ontario.

Police allege 33-year-old Randa Hammadieh was in the company of two known men when she picked up her eight- and nine-year-old sons from Brampton, Ont. at 11:20 Friday morning.

Investigators say they were driving a silver 2006 Dodge Caravan at the time and were bound for nearby highway 410.

Police said the car may carry an Ontario license plate, but Sgt. Pete Brandwood said the vehicle may also have Quebec license plates.

"The issue is that (Hammadieh)'s been known to change license plates, and she's also known to put a different license plate on the front vs. what's on the back," Brandwood said in a telephone interview. "I'm not sure about the history, but investigators are aware that she's known to do this type of thing."

Hammadieh is described as having a heavy build and standing five-foot-five. Police say she was last seen wearing a long white dress.

Louis Gallego-Hammadieh, 9, is four-foot-10, weighs 85 pounds and has short black hair and brown eyes. He has round eyeglasses with metal frames.

Benny Gallego-Hammadieh, 8, is four feet tall, weighs 60 pounds and has short, curly black hair and brown eyes.

They were last seen wearing T-shirts and jeans, though itís not known what colours. No information about the alleged accomplices was immediately available, police said.

Police described Hammadieh's unidentified male accomplices as men in their 20's.

They said the first is white, standing six-feet-two, with a thin build and a goatee. He was last seen wearing dark sunglasses and plaid shorts, and is thought to have short straight brown hair.

They say the second has a medium build and a very dark complexion, adding he is believed to be five-feet-10 and weighs 170 pounds. He was last seen wearing jeans, a T-shirt and a black do-rag.

Their relationship to the mother and two boys is not known.

Brandwood urged the public to keep their eyes open for the boys.

"If any member of the public has any information on the whereabouts, or has seen what they believe to be, these two children in this vehicle ... they are encouraged to call their local police service, including 911, or Crimestoppers."

Police said the Amber alert will expire at 8:00 p.m. Friday evening.

Amber alerts are generally issued in cases where children are believed to be in imminent danger.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Am...#ixzz24VTOdwvX
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    I hope this is ok to post here

Of course it is okay to post here...two reasons, it is your section, AND, what if it was one of our kids, like you said...more info to more people...

As a side note, looks like this alert has been cancelled and the kids have been found...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...sought485.html
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Yes, you're correct. So glad the kids were found!

I will try to get any on here sooner in the future.... Thanks for allowing this!
    Last edited by ON OFFroad; 08-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 4 Days 9 Hrs 54 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 39 Mins 2 Secs
    definitely a great idea
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 12 Hrs 8 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 4 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    Yes, you're correct. So glad the kids were found!

I will try to get any on here sooner in the future.... Thanks for allowing this!
    ^ Happy there was a happy ending here

Little 5yro girl went missing last night and body was found this morning in Niagara Falls

10yro boy went missing yesterday as well. Last seen riding his bike on Rymmal rd East in Hamilton. I haven't heard any updates on him yet. Lets hope for his safe return home.
    I don't have an attitude problem, you're just an asshole!!

2004 Grand Cherokee Columbia edition
    1980 CJ Juggy
    OF4WD#6687 & 4928

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    10yro boy went missing yesterday as well. Last seen riding his bike on Rymmal rd East in Hamilton. I haven't heard any updates on him yet. Lets hope for his safe return home.
    to ease your concern...he was found...

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...boy-found-safe

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpec.com
    A 10-year-old Hamilton boy who went missing after a Sunday morning bike ride has been found.

Police say Kurtis Golka, who was last seen around 9 a.m. Sunday at his home near Rymal Road East and Upper Gage Avenue, was located just before 1 a.m. this morning.

Golka was spotted walking along Rymal Road East. He was uninjured, in good health and transported home to his family by police.

Police say he is “very independent” and may have bicycled outside the city limits. They don’t believe he was kidnapped.