Thread: seatbelt law before 1976

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs

seatbelt law before 1976

i know seatbelts are law in Ontario and it was the first province to pass a law which required vehicle occupants to wear seat belts, a law that came into effect on January 1, 1976..so here is what i am asking ..my 1963 gmc panel truck did not have seatbelts ...do i have to add them to the truck now??
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Have a look at this thread on seatbelts, there is a lot of good info in there. http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...3880-Seatbelts

If you still have any questions afterward, just let me know!

Cheers....
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs
    cool just toke a look at it and found this there "Taken from Regulation 613 pursuant to the Highway Traffic Act:

R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 613

SEAT BELT ASSEMBLIES

9. Where a motor vehicle that was manufactured in or imported into Canada prior to the 1st day of January, 1974 is driven on a highway,

(a) the driver and passengers are exempt from the requirement to wear the torso restraint component of a seat belt assembly; and

(b) the driver is exempt from the provisions of subsection 106 (4) of the Act with respect to the requirement that a passenger wear the torso restraint component of a seat belt assembly. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 613, s.9; O. Reg. 522/06, s. 9.

10. Where a motor vehicle manufactured without seat belt assemblies for each seating position and not modified so that there is a seat belt assembly for each seating position is driven on a highway,

(a) the driver is exempt from the requirement of subsection 106 (2) of the Act to wear a seat belt assembly if there is no seat belt assembly at the driver’s seating position;

(b) a passenger is exempt from the requirement of subsection 106 (3) of the Act to wear a seat belt assembly if the passenger occupies a position without a seat belt assembly and there is no other available seating position with a seat belt assembly; and

(c) the driver is exempt from clause 106 (4) (a) of the Act with respect to any passenger described in clause (b). O. Reg. 522/06, s. 10. "

thanks for that ...now should i print this out just in case it get pull over and hand it the the officer??? lol ...thanks for all the help