Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JJ's Needs Your Help $500 Reward

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs

JJ's Needs Your Help $500 Reward

Just Jeeps is offering a $500 cash reward leading to the identification and prosecution of the person/s responsible for the fraudulent purchase of a Rubicon Express 4.5" Long Arm Kit with Tri-link part #RE7514. The kit is designed to fit 03-06 Jeep Tj's. If anyone knows anything related directly or indirectly to this kit being sold or used please feel free to contact:

Jerry@justjeeps.com
    416-661-5337 ext 226

Also feel free to bump this thread I will update with any news regarding this matter.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs
    Mail order scammers tick me off. I'll keep an eye out.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 12 Hrs 8 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 5 Secs
    Wow!! People really do suck!! Hope ya figure it out
    I don't have an attitude problem, you're just an asshole!!

2004 Grand Cherokee Columbia edition
    1980 CJ Juggy
    OF4WD#6687 & 4928

Jeannie is offline Christmas is for kids, Santa's on his way
    My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 19 Secs
    i would say keep an eye on kijiji, but odds are they already had a buyer before they scammed you and unfortunately the cops take the report and do absolutely nothing.
    Titan Off-Road / Everlast Welders Canada
    750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
    Burlington, ON L7L5V1
    905-637-1637
    http://www.titanwinches.com
    http://www.everlastwelders.ca

My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks folks yup have Kijiji covered. It's kinda hard to hide a Jeep like that thank god for a fairly tight knit community

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 4 Hrs 30 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 20 Secs
    Any info on location of shippment, or identification used? Like false names and the such.
    My Wife, By Boy
    My Bike, My Jeep, and My VW
    All the loves of my life.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 21 Hrs 40 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 18 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    Just Jeeps is offering a $500 cash reward leading to the identification and prosecution of the person/s responsible for the fraudulent purchase of a Rubicon Express 4.5" Long Arm Kit with Tri-link part #RE7514. The kit is designed to fit 03-06 Jeep Tj's. If anyone knows anything related directly or indirectly to this kit being sold or used please feel free to contact:

Jerry@justjeeps.com
    416-661-5337 ext 226

Also feel free to bump this thread I will update with any news regarding this matter.
    Was it stolen from the shop? Or did you sell it online and ship before it was paid for? How do I identify this fraudulently purchased(?) kit?. I'm sure there is more than one of them out there.

How DO you fraudulently purchase a lift kit?
    Signed with an X

May my YJ RIP
    Building an SAS Xterra...slowly

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrngYJ View Post
    Thinking they probably won't be posting a "how to scam your local 4x4 shop" manual on the public forum

Stolen credit card is my guess though.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 12 Hrs 8 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 5 Secs
    We had a guy come into our store wanting to buy big ticket items with travelers checks. They looked legit but without getting a hold of the bank that issued them, we could not accept them (yes, dude came in after bank hours and the 1-800 # on back of checks was after hours) We jotted down all the info then we contacted the branch and 1-800 # the next day. To NO surprise, they were not good and wanted the dude's info and description. If we had of taken them, we would have been out a LOT of cash!!

Drizit...if it was a stolen credit card transaction, wouldn't the card holder and business be covered for this?

With wheelin' season coming to an end soon, this truck or kit may not show up till next season.
    Last edited by Sugar; 09-22-2012 at 08:05 AM.

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
    Any info on location of shippment, or identification used? Like false names and the such.
    Parts were originally to be shipped to residence in Woodbridge.

Was it stolen from the shop? Or did you sell it online and ship before it was paid for? How do I identify this fraudulently purchased(?) kit?. I'm sure there is more than one of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Thinking they probably won't be posting a "how to scam your local 4x4 shop" manual on the public forum

Stolen credit card is my guess though.
    Correct not going to post publicly the details but I can tell you all procedures were followed correctly on both ends. If I posted the details you would be pretty scared that they were so brazin as to the method used. As a retailer even though you follow procedures 100% unfortunately disputes always go in the card holders favor or the credit card companies.

The card was legit and verified accordingly including a pre-auth. Weeks later it was disputed. We have investigated the card holder and there is no doubt in our mind that their card had been compromised.

As for identifying the kit it's pretty easy since under 100 of these are sold world wide yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    We had a guy come into our store wanting to buy big ticket items with travelers checks. They looked legit but without getting a hold of the bank that issued them, we could not accept them (yes, dude came in after bank hours and the 1-800 # on back of checks was after hours) We jotted down all the info then we contacted the branch and 1-800 # the next day. To NO surprise, they were not good and wanted the dude's info and description. If we had of taken them, we would have been out a LOT of cash!!

Drizit...if it was a stolen credit card transaction, wouldn't the card holder and business be covered for this?

With wheelin' season coming to an end soon, this truck or kit may not show up till next season.
    Thanks for keeping an eye out.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

The thing you have to understand is no matter what the CC company never takes the hit. If there is a dispute and they find in favour of the card holder the merchant looses out, even in cases where the card was physically present at the store and swapped through the machine. (I'm not sure if this applies to a chip card or not)

They are kind of like insurance companies, they setup the rules so they always come out on top.

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 7 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    The thing you have to understand is no matter what the CC company never takes the hit. If there is a dispute and they find in favour of the card holder the merchant looses out, even in cases where the card was physically present at the store and swapped through the machine. (I'm not sure if this applies to a chip card or not)

They are kind of like insurance companies, they setup the rules so they always come out on top.
    Is this true?
    How can small ma and pa shops get ripped of by credit card scammers?
    Is there no fraud insurance, provided by the big, wealthy, TRILLION dollar credit card companies?
    They should suck it up.
    This seems implausible and very unfair.
    2010 Rubicon 2dr wimp wagon

Time Online: 3 Days 23 Hrs 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    No insurance at all, Chad.

You receive a notification (called a Chargeback) from your merchant processor (the company that charges you about 3% for running someone's card) saying that there has been a dispute. Unless you swiped the card, got a signature, or a PIN punched in, you are TOTALLY SCREWED. Even with that stuff, the odds are against you.

For online/telephone/mail orders, that means you have basically zero recourse. The card company (Visa/MC) will never deal with you direct, they go to the merchant processor and then they relay to you.

And oh yeah, all this is usually done by FAX, so you can imagine how many docs go missing.

Basically as a business owner you need to price in a certain amount to cover your annual loss to fraud.

So to any of you out there that know about this specific situation or ANY case of fraud: if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Don't kid yourself.

This bullshit costs all of us as consumers, not the banks. Ma and Pa shops have priced this in a long time ago.

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 26 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by stacks View Post
    No insurance at all, Chad.
    Yup, most of the time the retailer gets screwed.

I sold a mountain bike (a nice one, about $6k) while working at a shop a few years ago to a guy that looked sketchy. Because it wasn't sitting right with me, I got a signature on the CC bill, and a photocopy of his drivers license (picture matched, signature matched, his PIN was OK). Lo and behold, two weeks later a chargeback appeared and we successfully fought the service provider because we correctly followed and arguably went above and beyond our due diligence procedures. A $6k loss for a small independent shop would have been devastating.

Lots of unscrupulous people out there, and they certainly know how to work the system.

I hope you guys find the thieves.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 4 Hrs 14 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 52 Secs
    Where is Tazz anyway?

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 3 Mths 4 Days 8 Hrs 11 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 46 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Where is Tazz anyway?

lol I bet many on the site do not know what you are referring to
    Professional lunatic
    TJ V3.0 in the works "This is only temporary, unless uhhhh..... it works."
    I get confused once numbers get bigger than I can count on my appendages. I'm only good up to 21!
    one quarter turn before something breaks is a good torque spec.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 1 Hr 52 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    ^^ thanks now I have coffee on my screen
    www.kingoftheshield.ca

OF4WD Member #3197

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    x2..
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by hustler View Post
    Yup, most of the time the retailer gets screwed.

I sold a mountain bike (a nice one, about $6k) while working at a shop a few years ago to a guy that looked sketchy. Because it wasn't sitting right with me, I got a signature on the CC bill, and a photocopy of his drivers license (picture matched, signature matched, his PIN was OK). Lo and behold, two weeks later a chargeback appeared and we successfully fought the service provider because we correctly followed and arguably went above and beyond our due diligence procedures. A $6k loss for a small independent shop would have been devastating.

Lots of unscrupulous people out there, and they certainly know how to work the system.

I hope you guys find the thieves.
    Bingo...It's crazy that no matter how much you do it never seems like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Where is Tazz anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by H8TO WRK View Post
    lol I bet many on the site do not know what you are referring to
    lol funny thing is we have a regular custoemr with the same first and last name who is out on the east coast.

My Mood
    Amused
    lets freshen this up