Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JJ's Needs Your Help $500 Reward

Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 11 Hrs 29 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 30 Secs
    Have the Popo check any 03-06 TJ owners across the street from the Woodbridge delivery address.

Billy

Jeannie is offline Christmas is for kids, Santa's on his way
    My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 19 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyToronto View Post
    Have the Popo check any 03-06 TJ owners across the street from the Woodbridge delivery address.

Billy
    problem is billy is the delivery address is real but bogas (won't explain in detail for JJ), and the unfortunate reality is the popo are doing nothing, the credit card companies do not care and do not want their investors knowing how insecure their system is so they do not want investigations pursued, the loser is the small business or big business, so next time you ask a company why their prices are so much higher maybe you should ask how many times have you been credit card frauded.

and RB sorry to say, but they got you once, they will be back. you need to get your spidey senses working so you know which ones to do extra investigation on prior to shipping. Yep know exactly what happened has happened to us too.
    Titan Off-Road / Everlast Welders Canada
    750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
    Burlington, ON L7L5V1
    905-637-1637
    http://www.titanwinches.com
    http://www.everlastwelders.ca

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 50 Secs
    This sucks!!! I hate those types of loosers that work the loop holes in the system Hey maybe some pics of said kit for those of us not familiar with it. I will show up on a trail somewhere. Oh did that other client of your on the east coast have his card coprimised Maybe a connection?

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 51 Secs
    post some pic's of the lift on a tj so we know what to look out for ...

No smart ass, the pics like colour, particulars like shapes or logos and what makes it different than all the others. Come on, Im trying to help already! I have a yj and dont know didley about tj's. Something that I could recognise if I see it. I am in Windsor the capital of the world so everything comes to or through here.ROFLOL hey where or who is tazz?
    Last edited by jeeper52; 12-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    Pics of lift kit and what it would look like in a TJ. The most common way to identify the RE LA kits are the massive center skid plate system that holds the lower and rear upper control arms.

Thanks for keeping an eye out folks!
    Last edited by RBJeepThing; 12-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

See now that skid plate is unique. Really nice looking jeep too

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 15 Hrs 49 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 42 Secs
    yah know how u feel we had a problem like that long time ago something we shipped to new york about 10 years ago so now we do a credit card check for all mail orders or call in's we ask for the billing address also if they dont give then we dont put thru we call a special number that we can verify all info we havent been beat since how did they pay if american express i know back in the days if it was over a certain amount it wouldnt go thru and u had to call them

if any want that number to verify credit cards let me know i can post tonite ill get it from work

stupid question to ask lol but i know most products have a serial number on the box to do warranty with the manufacture u dont happen to have it in case someone comes across it and needs to verify it and who ever comes across it physically to take pics of the persons they are dealing with for the cops

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    yah know how u feel we had a problem like that long time ago something we shipped to new york about 10 years ago so now we do a credit card check for all mail orders or call in's we ask for the billing address also if they dont give then we dont put thru we call a special number that we can verify all info we havent been beat since how did they pay if american express i know back in the days if it was over a certain amount it wouldnt go thru and u had to call them
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    if any want that number to verify credit cards let me know i can post tonite ill get it from work

They did call in for authorization (see the quoted text below)...and things are a lot different now than they were 10 years ago. Credit/debit card fraud/skimming/cloning is a huge business...I say business because people make a living off of it...it is not legal (obviously) but people still do it to pay the bills. When these operations (these are not small time steal a card out of your purse/wallet kind of people) get busted the police typically find thousands of cards in production/use at the time...it is like an assembly line of people making fake cards and the proper identification to go with them. Even the "CHIP" system is not fool proof, as fast as the card companies come out with new technology to prevent fraud, the thieves are coming up with ways to beat the system. There is many quick and easy ways for these people to make themselves some cash that often will allow them to get away with making use of the cards even after they have been reported as compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    The card was legit and verified accordingly including a pre-auth. Weeks later it was disputed. We have investigated the card holder and there is no doubt in our mind that their card had been compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post

Adrian, I think I found the lift kit...it looks like it is under the Jeep in the pic above!!!

Seriously though, has there been any progress on this? Or is a bump at this point in time still a worthwhile thing to do?
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    They did call in for authorization (see the quoted text below)...and things are a lot different now than they were 10 years ago. Credit/debit card fraud/skimming/cloning is a huge business...I say business because people make a living off of it...it is not legal (obviously) but people still do it to pay the bills. When these operations (these are not small time steal a card out of your purse/wallet kind of people) get busted the police typically find thousands of cards in production/use at the time...it is like an assembly line of people making fake cards and the proper identification to go with them. Even the "CHIP" system is not fool proof, as fast as the card companies come out with new technology to prevent fraud, the thieves are coming up with ways to beat the system. There is many quick and easy ways for these people to make themselves some cash that often will allow them to get away with making use of the cards even after they have been reported as compromised.

Adrian, I think I found the lift kit...it looks like it is under the Jeep in the pic above!!!

Seriously though, has there been any progress on this? Or is a bump at this point in time still a worthwhile thing to do?
    No progress other then the money missing from our account now :-( . Thanks for the bump though as it will refresh peoples minds to keep an eye open. I once had a motorcycle stolen that someone on a forum found 4 years later for this exact reason.

Time Online: 2 Days 20 Hrs 52 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    Wow what a worthless piece of sh*t, BUMP For just jeeps if they are still looking for missing products.
    I had a dirtbike stolen out of back yard in summer 2000, 77 Kawasaki ke175, huge dent in gas tank, clutch missing about an inch off handle, seat off bike when stolen, seen it about 9 years back in super shopper but guy would not let me or friend come look at it

My Mood
    Amused
    ^thanks for the bump still no leads...

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 54 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Saw a Black TJ iin the soo with that style kit. Has a vanity plate with a sens logo
    OF4WD Member #5196