Thread: Rust spot on new Jeep?

Time Online: 5 Days 16 Hrs 48 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Secs

Rust spot on new Jeep?

Okay, so I've had my new Jeep just a little over five months, and what do I find on the passenger door the other day, right beneath the handle in that concave area? A ****ing rust spot! WtH!?! I'm pissed...and I never use that door! Would you guys be taking this back to the dealership, or will they even do a thing about it? Rusting after five months is pretty ridiculous.

On another unrelated note, upon putting on my hard-top for the first time, I noticed that one of the six blocks you screw into in order to hold the hard-top in place is missing...was it ever there? Seem to me like the sort of thing you might only notice upon putting on the hard-top...is it possible it just wasn't there when I got it? I don't even see how those blocks come out of there...they just slide around a bit, and you have to line them up with the holes in order to install the hard-top, but as for removing them, I have no idea. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Rubixdude; 10-09-2012 at 07:06 PM.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Time Online: 2 Wks 14 Hrs 12 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 12 Secs
    As they would say - Welcome to jeep kings - go to dealer, they should fix it under warranty.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Time Online: 8 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 4 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 34 Secs
    Got pics of the rust???

Might be RAIL dust...google it. Lots of vehicles get it, but there is a specific process to get it off. If not done properly it just looks to keep coming back.
    03 Rubicon with stuff to make it gooder

"Bite my Shiny Metal ass!"

Retread #19

Time Online: 8 Mths 4 Days 1 Min 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 7 Secs
    Regarding the hard top... the two at the back fell out the first day I took the top off. I kept them in my glove box all summer.

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 8 Hrs 6 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    x2 on taking it to the dealer. they should repair it for you

As for the hardtop issue... I never bolt mine in so if your missing one you should be just fine.
    -OlllllllO-

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    The block sounds like it fell out. Probably a minor cost. Talk to your salesman about that first.

The rust, call the dealership and make sure someone from the bodyshop is available when you arrive. Often the body shops are off-site. Again, it's only 5 months, go get your salesman involved. "Love my jeep, 2 problems though. One is easy, there's a missing block for the hardtop that was missed by the PDI guy. So I need one of those. But the second is rust on the door. Obviously that's not acceptable..."
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 5 Days 16 Hrs 48 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Noltz View Post
    The block sounds like it fell out. Probably a minor cost. Talk to your salesman about that first.

The rust, call the dealership and make sure someone from the bodyshop is available when you arrive. Often the body shops are off-site. Again, it's only 5 months, go get your salesman involved. "Love my jeep, 2 problems though. One is easy, there's a missing block for the hardtop that was missed by the PDI guy. So I need one of those. But the second is rust on the door. Obviously that's not acceptable..."
    Thanks alot, man. That's exactly what I'll do.