Thread: Anybody trail ride?

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 3 Days 15 Hrs 42 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 55 Secs

Anybody trail ride?

Just picked up a "dealer find", a brand new 2009 Suzuki dr200se stuck in a dealers showroom, brand new with 1.2 km on the clock for. 3 grand. Anybody else ride dual purpose and actually rides on the trail?
    Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
    A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
    Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 14 Hrs 31 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 52 Secs
    Yup,
    I picked up a DRZ400 this summer and been having an absolute Blast, 3 of my friends went and got D/S bikes too. Just 2 weeks ago we spent the weekend up North riding snowmobile trails and any dirt road we could find. You are going to Love it, hopefully you will start a chain reaction like I did and get your buddies into it too.

Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 5 Hrs 56 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs
    I've got an XR650R that I trail ride. Green plates so not street legal.
    I ride Ardbeg in thr summer and fall and usually go down to the Hatfield-McCoy trails in West Virginia in the spring.

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 17 Secs
    Only feel comfortable on dual sports but can never find people to ride with who wont smash the ego or push for insanity in terrain.

Built up a drz400 but only hit dirt a couple times. Still have to say the best bike to ride but worst for aftermarket support.

I'd love to hear how the 200 suits ya. I'm tempted to get one as its reputable for being more forgiving and the BMW is too expensive in repairs to learn dirt with.
    I BE GETTING BUILDING ME A REAL JEEP.....

Click here for details.

Quote Originally Posted by lil loco View Post

I'd love to hear how the 200 suits ya. I'm tempted to get one as its reputable for being more forgiving and the BMW is too expensive in repairs to learn dirt with.
    First ride today, in 5degree weather, poor thing is brand new and cold and the engine very stiff, I didn't want to rev it just let it break in nice and slow. I'm 220 ponds and 5'10 yet this little chick bike is very comfortable and a nice ride. It is only 250 pounds and very nimble, I can't wait to try it off road but need to break the engine in first. Once I got over 50 km on it the engine became more responsive and needed less throttle to maintain speed, cruised at 60 km/h in the city. Highes I went was 70 still babying it but checked a few forums a common mod is. 15 to 16 tooth front sprocket swap since the dr is geared for offload use, I have to agree with it, I can cruise in 5th at 40.

Overall I'm very happy with it, I wish it had a tach just to see how hard I was pushing it, probably not even half wa to the 8500rpm redline

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 17 Secs
    Ya the regearing is a high ranker for todo lists. Also there is cutting a 3x3" hole in the air box to help open them up. But check first with the forums if its needed for the lil bikes. If you get bored with it holler and I might wanna take it off your hands

So anybody going trail riding this year? I'd like to find a place where my son can ride his little machine