Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modified Jeep Insurance

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 19 Hrs 17 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper52 View Post
    its not stock, but they didnt ask either. Just vin year and insured amount thats all they asked besides having another vehicle thats a DDand its insured they ask you current policy #.
    On all applications there is a check box for modified vehicle now. If you, or your agent doesn't check that box, and you even have one size bigger tire on your heep, this could result in problems with a claim.
    When that box is checked on the form I have not found any provider that will insure over 200g's liability.

How the Box doesn't get checked, or who didn't is possibly subjective in court.

Obviously this wouldn't probably be a big deal unless the bigger tires had cause in a problem. If they want out of the claim this makes it real easy for them. ALOT of people driving around with different size tire then what's on the door jam, and don't have "modified coverage".
    1991 Xj Gone to a new home.
    1948 willys Jeep pickup sitting and waiting.
    1984 toyota currently beating & building.

OF4WD #6069

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 47 Secs
    Well Hagarty returned my email and they specifically said they do not insure vehicles for off road and dont concider our type of vehicle as antiques. One more down, Ill keep looking...
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 3 Hrs 12 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 50 Secs
    Well Hagarty returned my email and they specifically said they do not insure vehicles for off road and dont concider our type of vehicle as antiques. One more down, Ill keep looking...
    I have never seen an on road vehicle policy that covers off road use. I understand Hagerty has some very specific classic vehicle policy requirements but beyond that, I would not expect any policy you find for your heep to cover you offroad.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 8 Hrs 30 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs
    Please tell me you are not looking to get an insurance company to cover your jeep while you are four-wheeling on the trail....please....you are smarter than that right?
    PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR
    99 TJ, HPD60/14B, TMR Customs 3 and 4 link, 40's.

Project Sandstorm Remix

I dont get you guys how stupid do people think someone can be??? Im looking for insurance for my rig. so I can legally plate it!! and NOT for off roading!! jeez. They just dont want to insure a rig that goes off road and a modified jeep. I can get around the off roading part but its the mods 350, and 39 in tires. I guess I cant count on others being smart enough to read the entire post. you guy must think everyone else besides you are morons.
    Last edited by jeeper52; 03-19-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 23 Hrs 54 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 18 Secs
    yeah for the record my 82 suzuki and my 91 hilux r both stock ... and i have 2 vehicles with them already so they know i dont drive my cars that much ... how could i?

is your jeep considered a hotrod on the papers ??
    1991 TOW RIG/DD toyota hilux surf ssr-x turbo diesel JDM SPEC

1982 suzuki sj410 . stock ... no options rides like a slow bag of dicks

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 5 Days 14 Hrs 38 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    When it comes to insurance its all about the money..... I know a person who bought a modified car..... Borrowed the money to do so.. ..... Bank wanted the loan secured....... He tried everywhere NO one would touch him...... Daddy owns a company with a fleet of vehicles...... He makes his young lad sweat it out for a few weeks and then calls his insurance company........ Not a problem....... Bet if I called them there's no way they would touch me...... Then again I don't spend 50 thou a year or more with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    ^ I was just going to suggest something similar.
    Badthumper I'm betting you also have a house and possibly other stuff with them?
    Yes.. Business, Shop, Contents, Liability, Fleet, Boat, RV, 4wheeler, House, etc.. policys with them.. guess thats why they didnt have an issue.

Thieving Pricks.

Jeeper52 Try Allstate.. Buddy has them,
    I have heard they may make you bring it to them so they can check it out..
    Might be worth a try.

ALSO check these two links..

http://www.canada-insurance-source.c...fied-jeep.html

http://www.facilityassociation.com/
    Last edited by BadThumper; 03-19-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 24 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyken View Post
    Getting insurance for a plate on a modified Jeep/vehicle is no problem at most places. Getting your mods insured is also no problem. But getting liability coverage over 200g is impossible through my research. My previous post in this thread explains the changes they made a few years ago under our noses. It sucks.
    That's OK, you can get personal liability insurance separately from auto insurance.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    I dont get you guys how stupid do people think someone can be??? Im looking for insurance for my rig. so I can legally plate it!! and NOT for off roading!! jeez. They just dont want to insure a rig that goes off road and a modified jeep. I can get around the off roading part but its the mods 350, and 39 in tires. I guess I cant count on others being smart enough to read the entire post. you guy must think everyone else besides you are morons.
    Really bud? Really?

What would you, the obvious captain of intelligence here, think the following means:

Sure sounds like you asked them for off-road insurance to me.

What do I care really. You annoy me.
    Last edited by Punisher-One; 03-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 4 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs

Re: Modified Jeep Insurance

Personally I'd think he told them he just needs the insurance to get him to the trail and they said they won't cover a truck that ever leave pavement. But then again I called them with the same question once.

This isn't pirate yet so relax a bit eh.
    Last edited by Drizit; 03-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Personally I'd think he told them he just needs the insurance to get him to the trail and they said they won't cover a truck that ever leave pavement. But then again I called them with the same question once.

This isn't pirate yet so relax a bit eh.
    You got it Drizit!!! Now guys this is a man who can understand the ovious and not an nitpicker. If the vehicle is ever to go off road or off road designed!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed

I dont get you guys how stupid do people think someone can be???
    Don't ask questions you do not want the answer to.

Im looking for insurance for my rig. so I can legally plate it!! and NOT for off roading!! jeez. They just dont want to insure a rig that goes off road and a modified jeep.
    Right. But right before your angry post, you stated:
    This causes confusion at our end because it implies that you are asking for your rig to be covered for offroad use since that is the reason you state that you were turned down. At which point I stated that I was not aware of any on road vehicle policy that covered offroad use.

Your follow up ranting post then went on to state that you were not looking for offroad coverage.

Your posts are not the most coherent at times and there is a disconnect where we struggle to understand what you are thinking.

I can get around the off roading part but its the mods 350, and 39 in tires.
    If its the mods and not the vehicle application (off road use) that is the problem like you just suggested, then why did you state that they turned you were down for the application and not the mods. Can you see how this is confusing now??

I guess I cant count on others being smart enough to read the entire post. you guy must think everyone else besides you are morons.
    Just like I can't count on you to make sense.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    You got it Drizit!!! Now guys this is a man who can understand the ovious and not an nitpicker. If the vehicle is ever to go off road or off road designed!!!
    It would be extremely helpful if you stated that in the first place. It looks like being clear and concise would not only help us understand what you are talking about but also help you from going kookoo bananas.

Time Online: 5 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 23 Hrs 16 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Mins 33 Secs
    Have mine insured with Hagarty....it has a lift and bigger tires....but is considered an Antique.

But beware of the insurance you have....the Antique is for driving to and from shows only!!! No popping to the store for milk.

If you get into an accident they will not cover it.

I had to sign a document stating no offroad use....and even if you are on your way to off-road it and you get into an accident, they will not cover you.

1st point... I thought this was for Insurance to reply to. You arent being helpful!

2nd point I said they dont insure vehicle that off road not off roading.

Think boys Think!! would you ask such silly questions? what makes you think you are so superior to someone else that they (me) would say such things. Im 53 and have lived a very productive life without your help. I thought this was supposed to be a freindship and help forum not a chest pounding forum for juvinile implications . You must 1st assume that the person you are talking to has 1) feelings and 2)is at least equally intelligent..

This thread is for Modified jeep insurance right?
    Last edited by jeeper52; 03-20-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Are you referring to me or CTD or both?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    1st point... I thought this was for Insurance to reply to. You arent being helpful!
    I think you are right. There is so many insurance threads, I forget that there is a sub forum for yet another outlet specifically for insurance threads.

Think boys Think!! would you ask such silly questions? what makes you think you are so superior to someone else that they (me) would say such things. Im 53 and have lived a very productive life without your help. I thought this was supposed to be a freindship and help forum not a chest pounding forum for juvinile implications . You must 1st assume that the person you are talking to has 1) feelings and 2)is at least equally intelligent..
    Tongue is firmly planted in cheek, here. I have no hard feelings or ill will so relax and enjoy. 53 year old skin should be thicker. It's the internet....and if you think I'm being juvenile now....oh boy!

Correct.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by pav1 View Post
    Are you referring to me or CTD or both?
    Oh gee, one guess.... lol

Funny....I'm having a deja vu from another thread.....

My Mood
    Aggressive

If you are so smart without our help why can't you figure out how to insure your Jeep like the rest of us already have?

Remember bud YOU are the one who started throwing insults at other members in this thread first. Nobody else was insulting you yet you got all butt hurt anyways and decided to call everyone morons. If you can't take it then don't dish it out. You are the only one here acting like a child. 53 or not.
    Last edited by Punisher-One; 03-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.