Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My '84 Toyota truck

My Mood
    Busy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 17 Hrs 25 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 19 Secs
    i sure hope u sell this thing one day......

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 20 Hrs 17 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 2 Secs

My '84 Toyota truck

sweet rti ramp haha
    2001 tacoma, reg cab short box, 5spd, 3" susp, 33's
    for sale: 1996 +1997 LR disco's (2), lots of mods and parts..

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 15 Hrs 1 Min 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    Nice job on the BTW on the tummy tuck. Your floor looks solid as well, not like mine. 84 front grill looks the same as 82.
    What are you running for muffler and size of your exhaust pipe? My 82 needs an exhaust.

Awesome idea Farrok. Toy parade in the trails next year.
    92 RENEGADE

ECNALUBMA NA SI PEEJ REHTHO YM

82 Toyota long bed

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 19 Hrs 17 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 7 Secs
    Thanks for the comments. The RTI ramp tree is in the yard at the cottage(private property), just to clear that up for tread lightly crew.

I'm getting bored with it, so ya never know. I may snap soon, and put it up forsale.

This truck was a 8 on the 1/10 scale of rust rotty. I have redone atleast 60% of the floor, and the frame was cut off because of how bad it was. I ended up having to plate most of the rest of the frame to be strong enough. I didnt want to take the cab off, when I started, but in hind sight, it would have been easier to make a whole new frame, and alot lighter. Theres 3 layers in some spots now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails floor1.jpg   backup of iphone pics 211.jpg  
    Last edited by stickyken; 11-19-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: hit enter by mistake
    1991 Xj Gone to a new home.
    1948 willys Jeep pickup sitting and waiting.
    1984 toyota currently beating & building.

OF4WD #6069

Oh, On the muffler thing. I just found a 2.5 in/out muffler on the ground at the junkyard. Cut the flange off the cat, and welded it to the muffler. It's a big muffy, and resonably quiet. I got 45 bucks back for the cat.

If the truck ever hit the street again, it would need a cat throwen back on, and the exhast re designed. I wanted it as light as possible(short), quiet, and tucked up. I used lots of heat sheilds to help keep the floor from glowing. It's VERY tight to floor in spots. No rattles though.

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 15 Hrs 1 Min 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    oh ok with the muffler specs. I love inexpensive, so I might transplant my free to me cherrybomb.

My Mood
    Busy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4985.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	85725

i was feeling like i should post a pic of my yota, its changed a bit now, but thats my baby i love to abuse

Post away. Nice to see any pics, and talk Toyota junk. I think I may have briefly wheeled with you on a lingham power line trip. Things I remember about a 4runner that looked liked yours; a mangled winch rope thimble, and a failed alternator on that trip. That had to be at least 3-4 years ago now. I had a red 2 door xj at the time.

The cherry bomb on the 22r would probably be kinda nice at idle, and not to raspy/rice. Could change the sound a lot depending on where you put it. It's nice and compact. Miss the days when they where under 30 bucks

My Mood
    Busy
    naaaa, wasent me, never been to lingham lake.
    i put this togeather in may of 2012, after i took my xj appart.
    anyway ever thought about oba. i had oba on my tj and xj
    so im thinking why not on the toyota too.

I got no desprate need for it on my rig, but i always carry a pump in the tow rig. I always have a set tire irons and a spare too. Definatly nice to have for long trails, and trekking. On a street/trail rig it's a bigger asset IMO.

I'm sure any thing that came with A/c is easy enought, or even other style belt driven pumps mounted.

Next thing on my list is the 5th stud mod to my highsteer arms. I figure im just lucky i havent snapped the studs off yet. The mod should cost me nothing but my time, and is as good as the fancy 6 shooter TG knuckles. I don't have the bling ARP studs either. I find my studs come loose, and always check em on the trailer before I wheel. I figure thats whats saved them. I think most dont check them, and break them because they have came loose. i would like to stop the flex that makes them come loose hence the 5th stud mod.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    Those pesky studs are a pain. I run a toy axle as well, and I was lucky enough to catch them when they worked loose before anything bad happend.
    I ordered new from trail gear and used red locktite. So far, so good.
    What I did for my turning issue is made my own arms and a bit of grinding in a few spots and it turns great now. I found a few degrees makes a world of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheeler View Post
    Those pesky studs are a pain. I run a toy axle as well, and I was lucky enough to catch them when they worked loose before anything bad happend.
    I ordered new from trail gear and used red locktite. So far, so good.
    What I did for my turning issue is made my own arms and a bit of grinding in a few spots and it turns great now. I found a few degrees makes a world of a difference.
    So, you grinded the area where the felt seal hits the knuckle ball? I've read about that trick, but it's hard on the joints. Are you locked in the front? Got fancy cromo birfs? My rig turned great till I put the lock up front. I use the 2/4wd lever, but don't help much. Not really that bad, just have to plan corners out more when driving. Being 4 locked is well worth it to me since I tend to just unload it off the trailer and climb stuff.

A pic of my slowww work getting done on fitting faux box sides. Aluminum frame supports, and removable. A pic of the first broken-stock birf joint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails birf soup.jpg   toybox 003.jpg  

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    Yes, I have a spartan auto locker in the front, I run 35"x12.5"x15" tires. I have stock birfs so far. I ve broken one in 3 years. Had two stock spares I ll use up before I put in the trail gear "better then stock" birfs I bought a couple years ago. They were dirt cheap then. Figured why not, the fancy stuff is not really needed yet. I don t have a lot of horsepower and weight in at 3200lbs gassed up with me and my wheeling gear.

Is the rig in your avaitor you are describing? Tracker on toy axles with 35" swampers, and almost no lift? I dig that!

I got a few more spare axles to kill before I spend any more money too.