Thread: lift laws

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 46 Secs

lift laws

Ive gone through the 4 pages here and havent found anything related so Ill ask , do we have any laws that may be refered as lift laws ie frame height or head lamp height, etc. I know these are big numbers to know in the USA but my question is do we. I have been a mechanic for 30 years and have done tons of safties but never had to deal with this one.
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo

My Mood
    Busy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 17 Hrs 25 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 17 Secs
    is this something your dealing with now? or are you just curious about "lifted veichles".

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 46 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    is this something your dealing with now? or are you just curious about "lifted veichles".
    Well Im building my yj and checked my frame height and was wondering, thats all .No tickets........ yet

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    While there is a difference between a Provincial Safety Standards Certificate, and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, there are no actual "lift laws" in Ontario. Have a look at this thread http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...-Bumper-height it will hopefully answer some of the questions you have.

If you can't read the posted documents, here is a link to it: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...rev4_e-688.htm

Cheers!
    Last edited by ON OFFroad; 02-13-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.