Thread: Winter updates

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 12 Hrs 45 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 24 Secs

Winter updates

I figured it was time to sit down and write a new announcement since I haven’t had time to since Christmas. So here we go. We at Jeepkings have a number of large projects on the go. Some will be listed here today and some will be held off for a few more weeks.

First off, I would like to remind people that OFSC trails are off limits and illegal to wheel between Nov 1 and April 30. We all get that itch to go wheeling in the winter, but it’s very important to verify where you want to go is legal. Every year we get some people who show great ignorance and wheel illegally, then proceed to post up here on the site. The coke plant, raglans and Welland wash outs seem to be the biggest trouble areas that are shown the least amount of respect. If you go there and post up you will be attacked by other members who take great pride in trying to protect our sport.

Jeepkings 101 has been booked, and planning is full swing. The date this year will be May 24, 25 and 26, this is the weekend after the long weekend. We are working on a new feature this year, with the gracious help from Lisa aka jeepwitch. We will be doing a woman only run; hopefully this will make it easier for newbie ladies to be more comfortable on the trail. Lisa has years of experience wheeling and we look forward to utilizing her expertise. We hope to have our friendly neighborhood SAVE officer join us again this year to provide education about legalities of wheeling in this fine province of Ontario. Officer ON OFF Road did a fantastic job last year and I look forward to seeing him there again this year.

A new seminar we would like to add, but have not confirmed yet is having our in house insurance broker Cormega to provide info in person.

Registration for this event will open March 6, which will hopefully tie into one of our other large projects we are working. This project will be announced in the future.

A lot of people have been asking about the Marc Diab project, so I will provide a small update. A huge thank you needs to go out to Andrew from Suncruiser Medias 4wd magazine. Watch for the full story in 4wd magazine in the future. He had jumped on board and done a fantastic job of acquiring parts for this project. Some of the corporate sponsors are listed below (in no particular order)

Bestop
    Bilstein Shock Absorbers
    Rock Hard 4x4 parts
    MetalCloak
    B.A.D. Wheels
    Staang's Fab
    Rock Spyder
    Nova Scotia Jeep Club
    LineX Hamilton

And of course, the many individual donors who have sent parts, cash, been involved in moving parts from various parts of the province to the JeepKings shop in Hamilton. Without each of you this project would have been a lot more difficult to get off the ground.

I am sure there are more however IGOTAFRIGGINJEEP is the main guy who has put many hours in being dragged in every direction. He can edit my post as necessary. Great Job Jeff. Your hard work is appreciated.

IGOTAFRIGGINJEEP EDIT: I added a few others in there.

As for build date, that is still up in the air as we work toward getting all the parts first then building. We have hit a snag on lift kit and tires, but hopefully we will break through soon.

Tony from Rubicon grill has donated a wing night to help raise money. So we are in planning to have a charity night. Date is not set yet but hopefully we will have it in the next couple of weeks. I hope to see a lot of you there

For those of you who wish to donate and can’t make it to charity night please go to forum home page and click on donation bar to donate to a worthy cause.

This is the time of year when everyone is feverishly working on our rigs, so remember to check advertiser’s specials forum regularly for some great deals from our site sponsors. Also don’t forget to check 2013 event listings thread in Trail Runs section for up to date info on events in the community

Thanks for taking the time to read. We will have more great news soon
    Last edited by igotafrigginjeep; 02-17-2013 at 11:10 PM.