Thread: The comp cut Rubi

Time Online: 4 Days 15 Hrs 18 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by markr1001 View Post
    interested to see pics!
    That'll be next weekend or the weekend after!!!! Lol

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 45 Secs
    On a yj it is mounted to the firewall down low under the master cyl where the inner fender gets close to the tub, maybe that spot is free for you? Mine has smaller lines not big ones like on yours, do they need to be extended or are the other lines smaller like fuel line?I wonder if a yj one could work. Try for a F/I 4 liter and follow the vacuum line scematic from the doner vehicle, if you can.

The etest reads everything from your computer, it doesnt just read codes . if the circumstances arent ready for a test of the evap systm then it wont do it, and the computer will show that the codes were cleared since the last self test and that means a FAIL. Then you have to drive it till all self tests were done. If it doesnt show a code your good to go, but if it shows a code again it fails. I dont know how long it takes to complete all the self tests the computer needs to pass. Have you ever been driving along maybe on the highway, and the light comes on you think nothing has changed why the light now? well thats your computer doing self tests under certain conditions. The mst common one is a small vac leak in the evap system caused by a dirty or worn out or missing gas cap. If you try one from a yj try a '95 as they have the correct fuel cap for that syle of emmisions set up . I hav a few caps from earlier yjs and they dont vent or seal like the newer style.
    Last edited by jeeper52; 03-01-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 23 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt's_97 View Post
    It'll pass an E-test but might throw a code, depends how picky your heep is. As far as I know
    The LDP doesn't run if the fuel tank is above 85% full.

I'm finding to many different people saying to different things about this all over the web so in my opinion I'm just gonna wing it without for the first start up and go from there! One thing I do know is under the hood isn't possible, not enough line (don't feel like dropping money on extra line) and I know it's gotta be higher then the tank. I have an Idea for it but it will take up more of what little cargo space I have left but if I need it I need it after all she ain't gonna be no trailer queen at least for another year! lol

good plan

Quote Originally Posted by chris_rubicon_jeeper View Post
    I'm finding to many different people saying to different things about this all over the web so in my opinion I'm just gonna wing it without for the first start up and go from there! One thing I do know is under the hood isn't possible, not enough line (don't feel like dropping money on extra line) and I know it's gotta be higher then the tank. I have an Idea for it but it will take up more of what little cargo space I have left but if I need it I need it after all she ain't gonna be no trailer queen at least for another year! lol

This will work . when do you have to do an e test?
    Also how much room do you have underneith, got any pics of the bottom?

I was supposed to get my e-test done in October before emission standards changed! Just after the last run in bob it was all I could do to get the jeep home under its own power. And I was supposed to move out west in October so didn't have time to fix anything but the I got screwed over and the the build started lol.
    I'll post some pics up latter of the under side. I got jack for space under there

So got all I need to link the rear end tomorr.....today lol (with the exception of a set of Bilsteins) but seeing as how I just got my second wind and opened another beer it might not be that productive of a day I the shop! lol And I got the scale wheeling bug to all my buddies! lol Since 2 of them picked up the new Axial Twin Hammers and another is grabbing the Axial SCX-10 Rubicon Unlimited plus one buddy with a Axial Wraith and me with the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 could be a day in the Crawl Stall with a little bit of wrenching! lol Really shouldn't have built my indoor scale trail in my shop! lmao

So nothing got done this weekend but a bunch of scale wheeling in the crawl stall!!! Should have know that was gonna happen with everyone getting new RC's lol. Well I did get my axle up on the bench and a couple brackets cut off lol. Next weekend there will be an axle mocked under my jeep for sure!!! 73 days and counting. Crunch time is on!!!

My new rear links!!! Sexy lol

Both my old lower links beside one if my new lower links!!!!

How we spent our day yesterday! My buddies custom TJ RC coming to winch my flipped scale Yota that was about to fall off a ledge lol

My scale Yota hanging on by a pit bull!!!

Crunch time is on and I'm sitting at Hallmark Toyota waiting for my Tundra to get its oil changed! Hopefully they work quick today cause I wanna get home and get some grinding done!!! Lol

So got some looking into the e-test to do! Was talking to a buddy who had his 1500 chev that is a royal pice of shit tested and passed with engine codes showing!!! He said something about it costing so much to get it to pass that they just pass you and he was told that there is a way around the automatic fails, just gotta know the right person and have enough money to make em happy!!! Lol. I just might get lucky!!! Lol

Good point to bring up!! does anyone know if they still have the "max repair limit" still and is it any different than before. the program, if I recall correctly, allows a conditional pass if you spend 400 or more to fix the problems . if they still arent gone after 400 then they allow the pass, I guess untill next time. Correct me if Im wrong.

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 19 Hrs 6 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper52 View Post
    Good point to bring up!! does anyone know if they still have the "max repair limit" still and is it any different than before. the program, if I recall correctly, allows a conditional pass if you spend 400 or more to fix the problems . if they still arent gone after 400 then they allow the pass, I guess untill next time. Correct me if Im wrong.
    My cousin went to get an e-test yesterday car failed for throwing 3 codes ... Conditional 2 years pass was minimum $450 in repairs ... Clear the codes give her a good romp for 2 days if the codes don't show back up try again... Or word has it if you know a friend of a friend it passes regardless ...

The more I'm learning about the new etest I probably don't have anything to worry about even if it does throw a code or 2. I was under the impression they could no longer pass you if they wanted even on a fail but I'm starting to learn that they can and I know the place I'll be taking the jeep the guy loves custom anything with a motor and wheels, and his Monday to Friday he wears a badge!!!! I'm feeling pretty good I'ma be walking out with a straight up PASS, but will find out in a month or so lol

The final pice the the puzzle for the rear! Should see a lot of progress tomorrow!

What a Saturday night that was, crashed so early now I'm wide awake! Lol on the bright side I'll be in the shop the entire day today!!!

Well with the lack of a drill press the axle still sits on my bench! Just wasn't feeling drilling out my link brackets with a 18v cordless drill lol. So with any luck I will have an axle under the rear of my jeep this time next weekend! And will have a skid plate so if all goes really well over the next week all I should have left is, plumb and enclose the gas tank, order a rear driveshaft and paint then I can tackle the front, witch I think we may have figured out what I'm gonna do up front in our time brainstorming today lol. Since I will be stretching the front next winter regardless of if I go 1 tons or not I want to do it as cheap as possible for this summer since its only gotta last the summer, so I may just be long arming the front with some old parts that could be sitting on a shelf somewhere!!! But I'll worry about that more in a couple weeks once the rear is 100% lol

So apparently I only had 1 grinding disk to clean all the stock brackets off the axle, so this is side is almost cleaned up and ready for welding! Back at it tonight after I pick up a few more disks, finish off this side and start and finish the other side! I will have a bare axle other then spring perches and stock lower link brackets!

The ice under Curt's beast finally thawed over the weekend! Now with the below 0 temps we had last night I'll probably have a skating rink in the shop when I get home lol

Grinding fawking sucks!!!! That being said smoke breaks over back to it!!! Lol

All brackets that will no longer be used ground clean off the axle!!! Arts and crafts tomorrow making a cardboard truss!!! Looking pretty good like I'll have an axle mocked into place on Sunday!!!

Photo evidence!!! Lol