Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The comp cut Rubi

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs

Re: The comp cut Rubi

Quote Originally Posted by chris_rubicon_jeeper View Post
    Grinding fawking sucks!!!! That being said smoke breaks over back to it!!! Lol
    I know the feeling, dynatrac brackets were twice as thick as the stock ones to... Cleaned 2 axles in a row, lost track of the number of disks, and man were my hands numb from the vibration.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 4 Days 15 Hrs 18 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Secs
    I apparently started with a poor quality disk cause the second one I put on is still like new and I did about 3/4 of the brackets with it! And I might have been talked into not reusing the stock lower brackets so maybe more cutting and grinding tomorrow, but tonight will be arts and crafts day making the template for my truss!!!

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 20 Hrs 13 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 58 Secs
    I apparently started with a poor quality disk cause the second one I put on is still like new and I did about 3/4 of the brackets with it! And I might have been talked into not reusing the stock lower brackets so maybe more cutting and grinding tomorrow, but tonight will be arts and crafts day making the template for my truss!!!
    I bought a few grinding disks from PA a bit ago, they last maybe 10 mins until they start blowing apart and sending chunks everywhere! sometimes the extra buck it worth it eh?

It cost me 12$ for 2 Freud Diablo disks from the Home Depot (I work at one and don't even get a discount lol) and like I said I got a 1/4 of the brackets done with the one. It never blew apart but just didn't last! Through on a Freud disk and finished the 3/4 of the brackets in the same amount of time as I did the first bit and the disk is still like new! $6 bucks at the Home Depot and you can grind a stock D44 bare in no time!!! Kinda wanna strip it bare now just for shits and giggles.....but it's only funny till some giggles and shits! Lol

Done my arts and crafts for the night! Hot the template for my truss done!

Think I like the side that goes straight the the spring perch best!

These are the grinding disks I picked up at the Home Depot for $12 for 2!

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 24 Secs
    Try a 40 grit flap disc. It's a lot more forgiving on round tubes and makes short work of ridges. Just don't push it into a 90 corner.

That's tomorrow night to clean up the rest of the paint and finish smothing everything out before I weld the truss on and paint! I was getting rid of factory welds, needed a good grinding disk!

My Mood
    Devilish
    Time Online: 7 Mths 2 Wks 1 Hr 28 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 18 Mins 25 Secs
    Looking pretty sweet Chris!
    Last edited by Ilovemyjeep; 03-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 46 Secs
    Were the discs from HD cutting or grinding discs?
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper52 View Post
    Were the discs from HD cutting or grinding discs?
    Grinding, my Princess Auto cutting disks work pretty damn good but I know what cutting disks I'll be buying next lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyjeep View Post
    Looking pretty seeet Chris!
    Thanks! Can't wait to see it under the jeep this weekend!!!

Had this pipe sitting in my basement since my foot was broken in the summer! I'm sure all I'll have to do is just clean up the sensors throw em in, install the pipe and the 2 codes my computer was throwing last year as well as my exhaust leak should be fixed! All I'll need is a new muffler and the shit will be mint! Lol

Last edited by chris_rubicon_jeeper; 03-15-2013 at 08:22 PM.

With an unfortunate turn of events yesterday there was very little work done, but the search for Chopper (our bull dog) was far more important then getting the axle mocked into place! Now if my lower back pain would go away I'd go get some work done, off this week to wrench but instead I've wrenched my back lol

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 24 Secs
    Did you find your dog?

I hope you found your dog, they sure do become members of the family. I hate it when one of my dogs goes for an unexpected walk. I sympathize with your pain . Im an old pro with back pain, and now artheritis an now something in my knees Patell femor or soemthing like that sydrome. It hurts.

Well the good news is Chopper has been found 2 days latter!!! He's a little ruff right now but he'll be fine in a couple days!!!! Now the bad thing is my back is still pretty messed up! I'm used to back pain but have only ever had it like this once before! I pretty much cant do anything right now but lay in bed! Now keep in mind I'm only 25 and its not just my back, both my knees are pretty messed up from a few years of football, I have 2 plates in my right fore arm that tend to cause me problems from time to time and I'm still recovering from breaking my right foot last June plus countless other injories like concussions, broken fingers sprains all from football mountain biking and skiing! Well the broken foot was getting out of a certain green monster of a jeep at Roadkill! Lol

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 20 Hrs 13 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 58 Secs
    Well the good news is Chopper has been found 2 days latter!!! He's a little ruff right now but he'll be fine in a couple days!!!! Now the bad thing is my back is still pretty messed up! I'm used to back pain but have only ever had it like this once before! I pretty much cant do anything right now but lay in bed! Now keep in mind I'm only 25 and its not just my back, both my knees are pretty messed up from a few years of football, I have 2 plates in my right fore arm that tend to cause me problems from time to time and I'm still recovering from breaking my right foot last June plus countless other injories like concussions, broken fingers sprains all from football mountain biking and skiing! Well the broken foot was getting out of a certain green monster of a jeep at Roadkill! Lol
    It sounds like YOU need a build thread!

Yup we do I have the same injuries as you !! The worst thing is when the Drs say they cant do anything about it. My injuries are from my time in the army 12 years and a good carreer shot to hell. Add to tha,t ptsd.

Well I'm kinda better, good enough to have gotten something done yesterday! Still no mocked up axle though. But lots of cutting and grinding happened yesterday!

The rear truss, few more gussets and it'll be mint! It's one big ignorant looking truss but was kinda copied after a 14 bolt truss lol

So with crunch time here I finally got some work done yesterday!!!! Rear axle is set in place, just need to redo my upper link brackets at the frame, spring perch on the frame and shock mounts then burn it all in and paint!!! And after a quick measure it looks like my wheel base is just a hair under 104"!!! I was hoping for 105" but not gonna get upset about being off an inch lol

Some pics of the progress!