Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 57 Secs
    Sorry, there is no one day option.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 1 Min 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs
    You would get more ppl attending if there was a one day option....just saying you might want to include the option next year.
    OF4WD 5435
    2dr - 2010 - Rubicon
    Cake bakers united

Time Online: 1 Day 23 Hrs 9 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Sorry, there is no one day option.
    Ok ty. Maybe next year then

Time Online: 1 Day 9 Hrs 34 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    Will the trail rides be geared exclusively around beginners or will advanced trails be offered? I'm looking for some challenging trails like Forest park, Timber2, Timber 3 etc? I was planning on going to NL 2013 but that weekend won't work out. I want to do some wheeling up north and get to know more wheelers. But I'm want to be sure that some challenging trails are offered both days before I commit. I know it says 101 so I figured that ment geared for beginners so I thought I would ask and not assume.
    Thanks
    2005 Unlimited Rubicon-4.5 RE superflex, 5100 bilstien shocks, RE steering stablizer, no t-case drop, stock drive shafts, 35 TSL SSR Radial, 15x10 Dick cepek DC-1's, 48 Hilift, Champion Winch, Custom front and rear bumpers, Swing out tire carrier, EDGE 62 mm throttle body, Cold air intake and programmer (trail runner),Borla cat back, sprayed reflex bed liner, locker bypass, Off road KC-hilites, HID driving light conversion.

Time Online: 10 Hrs 48 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    I would love to go but I have an English bulldog and a pug Are they allowed to come????????????????
    Please advise
    Arty-b

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by horneman View Post
    Will the trail rides be geared exclusively around beginners or will advanced trails be offered? I'm looking for some challenging trails like Forest park, Timber2, Timber 3 etc? I was planning on going to NL 2013 but that weekend won't work out. I want to do some wheeling up north and get to know more wheelers. But I'm want to be sure that some challenging trails are offered both days before I commit. I know it says 101 so I figured that ment geared for beginners so I thought I would ask and not assume.
    Thanks
    Yes, 101 is geared towards the newer wheeler and as such the majority of the guided runs will be to less advanced trails.

Although we have an idea of what trails we would like to run prior to the event, our choices are made at the beginning of the weekend, based on the participants in attendance and what kind of trails they are ready for. If we have enough participants requesting the advanced trails, and with the experience and capability of running those trails, then we would put a group together for that.

Keep in mind, as I have already said, this is not a decision that can be easily made prior to the event weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTY-B View Post
    I would love to go but I have an English bulldog and a pug Are they allowed to come????????????????
    Please advise
    Arty-b

Yes dogs are permitted.
    They are the sole responsibility of the owners at all times during the weekend.
    You must clean up after your dog immediately throughout the weekend.
    Dogs are not to be left in the park at any time on their own.
    That means they are to be taken on every trail ride and any time you choose to leave the park for whatever reason.
    All dogs must be on a leash at all times, including on trail runs.

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 10 Secs
    25 days! Bump up time

Time Online: 1 Yr 1 Mth 1 Wk 4 Days 16 Hrs 51 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Mins 28 Secs

Re: Jeepkings 101 Weekend May 24 to 26

Quote Originally Posted by pippilongstocking View Post
    25 days! Bump up time
    Crunch time! I have 2 jeeps to get ready and I'm quickly running out of weekends!

Time Online: 2 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Secs
    Is there a limit of spaces available??? Can we register the day of??

My Mood
    Aggressive
    There is a limited number of spaces remaining (I do not have the actual number at the moment) and the cut off for registration is May 17 (1 week prior to event) or when the event sells out (whichever happens first).

So to answer your question, no you can't register the day of...the cut off date is in place to assist us with things like ordering food and other required items that can't be left until the last minute.

Thank you for your interest and I would suggest, if you are interested, you sign up soon.

Time Online: 2 Hrs 50 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Über excited about getting my new jeep dirty and learning some off road skills. I am going to sign up this week.
    My wife has some questions about the camping, does the camp ground have shower facilities etc.
    was is the over all itinerary ? mainly what is start and finish times each day and what do you recommend to bring. I.e equipment list.
    I have a question about insurance, my understanding that insurance is void, can you elaborate on this.

Looking forward to the response.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yes there is shower facilities, not sure what "etc." refers to though. Not sure what your/her expectations are, it is a basic trailer park with basic facilities.

Days typically start with breakfast served in the 7-8 AM range with trail rides typically getting under way by 9 AM. We try to get all groups back to camp by 4-5 PM followed by dinner. There is some seminars that take place in the evening.

As for what to bring...everything you would need for a weekend of camping and trail riding. If you would normally take it camping with you, then bring it along...some people show up with a tent, sleeping bag, and a lawn chair, and they find that to be more than enough...others, bring condos on wheels in the form of 5th wheel campers...when it comes to equipment in the Jeep, the same variation of items can be found, some people bring the bare minimum, others pack enough extra parts they could practically build an extra Jeep.

If you have never been out on the trails before and don't have any kind of "trail gear" don't be overly concerned about that kind of equipment as all of our guides are well equipped with any kind of gear that will be required on a trail.

Some things I highly recommend for those who have no experience on a trail...

bug spray, sun screen, extra beverages (especially water - leave the alcohol at camp), a spare set of clothing (including socks and shoes - never know when you might get wet), towel (never know when you might get wet), dress according to weather, rain gear, hat, sunglasses, minor personal health items (bandaids, tylenol, any required medications, etc.), camera (there is always opportunities for great pictures of the event or the scenery - whatever you are into).

As for the "insurance is void", I am not certain what you are referring to.

If you are referring to your vehicle insurance, I can't comment 100% on how YOUR insurance company would handle any kind of claim that might arise while you are at an event or offroad (even if you were on your own), but most insurance companies would not cover a claim arising from use of your vehicle at an event or on trails. This might or might not mean that your insurance company would null and void your policy (that is between you and your insurance company) but it does mean there is a possibility that you could personally be on the hook for any kind of claim arising during that time.

JeepKings.ca carries a $5 million Liability Insurance policy that covers all registered participants at our events.

Thank you for the comprehensive response and great information.

We are looking forward to the event and meeting some new people.

Best Regards

Will there be other jk101,entry level jeep weekends this year. Or this this a once a year event and the other meets are more advanced.

My Mood
    Aggressive

Jeepkings 101 Weekend May 24 to 26

JK101 is a once a year event.

Time Online: 2 Wks 5 Days 17 Hrs 41 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 37 Secs
    I have a stock 1998 XJ, no tank skid, no front tow hooks, not lifted, and the tires are not the greatest.
    The winter was really hard on it and the rockers are completely gone now. I’m sure if I were pulled over, it would be deemed unfit for the road.
    Mechanically, it’s good as I’ve spent about $2,500 on parts in the past 8 months.
    To be honest, money is tight right now and I don’t have much time to work on it. I’m only free this weekend to work on it. I can’t see my jeep being 100% ready for the event, but it would be nice to meet some people. Also, I’ll be camping solo.

Should I wait for the next event?

Also, a friend from Minden told me today that the whole area is flooded.
    I checked The Minden Times and it looks pretty bad.
    http://www.mindentimes.ca/
    Angelo
    1998 Jeep Cherokee - 2dr, 4.0, Auto, 231 4x4
    1980 MGB - 3.4V6, T5 transmission, Ford 8.8 posi.
    1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby - t-tops, 5 speed, 2.2 intercooled turbo

My Mood
    Aggressive

Jeepkings 101 Weekend May 24 to 26

I say c'mon out. The social aspect is just as much fun as the trails. Take the Jeep on trails, stick to the lighter runs and you should do okay.

As for the flooding, we have spoken to local law enforcement and they are saying it has greatly improved in the last week and with a few weeks left to go before the event it should be even better by then.

The trail situation will be assessed in the days leading up to the event and trails chosen will take the conditions into consideration.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 3 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 4 Secs
    if your worried about your rig on the trails, ride TB with someone. It is a great time.
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Bumping this back up...

Still some spots available!

Can't wait to see everybody there...

Last edited by igotafrigginjeep; 05-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 15 Hrs 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 57 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post
    You would get more ppl attending if there was a one day option....just saying you might want to include the option next year.
    I went last year, just for the Saturday. I did pay for the full three days. Drove up from Burlington in the morning and back that night. Lots of driving (and fuel...) I would have loved to do all weekend, but just could not swing it. However, I still thought it was fair if not great value for the amount of planning and thought Jeepkings puts into the event. It was my 1st time Jeeping up in that area & it was worth it to me to have planned routes & guides. This year is not looking any better for my time wise & if I can only swing the Saturday I would do the same one day this year. Great people & great event!
    New car. Gotta have a new car to block for the truck.
    Speedy car.
    Speedier than that.

OF4WD # 6821

REDe2ROK LJ