Thread: 2.5" rough country lift. vibration from rear driveshaft under power.

Time Online: 1 Day 4 Hrs 9 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

2.5" rough country lift. vibration from rear driveshaft under power.

Hey guys just finished installing the 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift in our 06 TJ sport.
    Had a problem with the rear passenger shock mount bolts snapping that ended up getting resolved.

I'm not overly concerned about this but I thought I would check to see if any one else has had the same issue...

the lift is just coil springs and new shocks.

After lifting the jeep I seem to have created a rear drive shaft vibration.

Its particularly present when under medium to hard acceleration in late second gear, and early to mid third gear (6 speed manual). If I kick the clutch in the vibration stops.
    Before I did the lift I read up on lifts and apparently this is a common issue, and the way to resolve it is to get a new drive shaft and a slip yoke eliminator.

just wondering if any one else has had this issue and would know how to resolve it.

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 9 Hrs 44 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 50 Secs
    I put a 2 " RC lift in my YJ . Same thing happened. Your drive shaft angle is affected by the lift causing the vibration. I fixed mine by dropping the transfer case an inch. There's spacer kits available to do it. It helps with the drive shaft angle and getting rid of the vibration

'90 YJ Wrangler with the mighty 2.5L , 2.5" lift, and about 250K miles on her
    '10 F-150 Supercrew, 2003 TJ 4.0 (FOR SALE!!!)
    Started the 1 ton/3 fitty build, 3more lugs are good right??
    I like soup....... and beavers