Thread: Improper Mudguards

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 6 Hrs 44 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 50 Secs

Improper Mudguards

Is tires sticking out a chargeable offence known as "Improper Mudguards"? since there is no mention of oversize tires or tires sticking out in the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and Regulations.

The Act says that the tires cannot be undersized; and the Regulation says that tires cannot be too narrow.

"Improper Mudguards" and "No Mudguards" are listed as separate offences in the court's Set Fines document, both based on the same section of the Act.

Furthermore, if tires sticking out is indeed chargeable as "Improper Mudguards", does this mean that the usual interpretation-based defenses against the charge of "No Mudguards" will also be available for tires sticking out?

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Hi there, and thanks for utilizing the "Ask a SAVE Officer" forum.

EDIT: I just realized you were the same person who created a thread asking about this a while back....

I believe it was mentioned to you at that point, that I will not comment on anything that another Police officer has done.

Thanks for understanding!
    Last edited by ON OFFroad; 04-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.