Thread: Reliable Body Shop inWindsor, ON

Time Online: 22 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Reliable Body Shop inWindsor, ON

I have a 95 YJ that I've owned for ever and just cannot part with. It's got rust in the usual spots, some that needs extensive repair and I would love to have the entire thing repainted, but everywhere I have called thus far seems to be anti Jeep or overpriced to the power of twenty. Im hoping someone on here might have a good suggestion for a reliable, fair body shop who knows Jeeps. Thanks in advance.

Living out of Jeep between Toronto to Owen Sound
    My Mood
    Tired
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 46 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 9 Secs

Reliable Body Shop inWindsor, ON

In my opinion ...
    If your not going to do the work yourself your going to pay more than the end product will be worth.

Most shops I know start talking at 5 grand for something with rust and go well up from there. When you start dealing with quick job shops for less you are getting a veneer makeover.

The rust will be back in a year.

If you are capable of doing work yourself and your frame is solid you can get a southern tub and then have someone paint it.
    badass tj " Hey bro I would really like 2 grab tht rear end."

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 4 Hrs 45 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 48 Secs
    I tried finding a shop in Windsor to fix a very small rust spot on my '95 YJ. Most will not touch a rust job. They don't have the tools or employees skilled in metal work to make pieces. They'd rather take on insurance paid jobs. The only one I did find, wanted to replace the whole side, saying it was the only way they could warranty the work. I've had good luck with Continental Collision for accident repairs, but they are expensive! Let me know if you find a good place, or someone who does work on the side.

Time Online: 22 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    I lack the skill set and time for that matter to take on a full blown jeep project and sadly. It's not a throwaway, the engine has thousands in new parts and it's runs great. The hood, tires and windshield was replaced in 2009. Windsor is seriously lacking in private body shops willing to work outside insurance claims. It's actually pretty sad!

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 50 Secs
    If your not too picky, buy yourself a wlder and weld in the holes its easier than you think , and clean up the rust and paint with POR and then topcoat with tremclad. Do you use it off road? or mostly a DD? Put some pics up.
    Last edited by jeeper52; 06-07-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo