Thread: Tread Lightly vs. Driving Like a Tool

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs

Tread Lightly vs. Driving Like a Tool

What laws, if any, are in place to enforce respectable driving on the trails? Is there anything stopping wheelers from driving like a complete tool and causing significant damage to the trails?

Please note, I have absolutely NO desire to do this. As someone that wants to keep the trails open, my wheeling style (yes Tim, I wheel) as well as the wheeling style of those that I hit the trails with, is to respect the environment.

I know the MNR can come in and close a section of crown land to motorized vehicles, but this is after the fact.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    I have been doing a little research on this. There are a number of pieces of legislation which pertain in part to places we wheel. Some pertain to places we DON'T wheel (Provincial Parks, Reserves etc.). The closest piece of legislation I have found dealing with Crown Land, is the Public Lands Act http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...es_90p43_e.htm

In there, I can't find anything specific to what you're describing.

In a broader sense, there is the Careless Driving section of the Off Road Vehicles Act:

Careless driving

16. Every person who drives an off-road vehicle without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other persons is guilty of an offence. R.S.O. 1990, c. O.4, s. 16.

Again, I don't think that is exactly what you're looking for though. I will make some more inquiries with my MNR colleagues and get back to you if I can find anything. I think you would agree, that we in the 4x4 community must self-police as best as we can......
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    For some further discussion on basically what I posted above, please refer to:

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...ginal-question