Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JOIN US FOR A ROAD TRIP: JeepKings.ca is heading to Petawawa - Part Deux - July 6th

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 57 Secs
    BUMPING IT BACK UP!!! Marc's family is very excited to see everybody on July 6th, we need to provide them a number of people who will be there so they can prepare for the day.

Even the local guys who will be stopping in, post up so I can give the Diab's a heads up...between here and Facebook, looks like we have 20 confirmed so far (including passengers - I'd call them TBs, but we won't be on trails...RBs maybe? Road Bitches?) and 10 or so that might be there...

Who else will be along for the drive or meeting us at Madameek that evening?
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 8 Hrs 18 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    You know ill be there with the family. So that's me plus 2! Looking forward to seein you all again and some for the first time
    -OlllllllO-

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 59 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 7 Secs
    Sounds like an awesome idea!

I'll swing by Madameeks this week and try and get some things organized on this end...

Do you have a rough number of people coming yet? Home many plan to stay the night?

My Mood
    Aggressive

JOIN US FOR A ROAD TRIP: JeepKings.ca is heading to Petawawa - Part Deux - July

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Sounds like an awesome idea!

I'll swing by Madameeks this week and try and get some things organized on this end...

Do you have a rough number of people coming yet? Home many plan to stay the night?
    Thanks George.

Not sure how many plan to stay the night. I thought about sleeping in your garage but I heard there was a Jeep in it still

I have been in contact with Jihan and told her that we have approximately 25 confirmed to make the trip and an additional 10 saying maybe. That does not include anybody locally that will show up (maybe you could help with getting a local presence and keeping us posted of that number), and we all know how Jeep outings work, numbers can swing up of down at the last minute (I mentioned that to Jihan as well).

Side note, for those heading to the BAJA show next week, Marc's parents will be visiting with us at the show.

Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 21 Hrs 47 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 19 Secs
    Just a road construction update for ya, sections of 28 are now repaved, I'll update again next week.

Matt
    The OG HOISTWAGON
    99 XJ, CT Motorsports built, Tons, 37" MTR/Ks, TMR 3-link and Beadlocks, CrewFab Cage and Bumpers, PSC full hydro

Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 9 Hrs 30 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 25 Secs
    If i can get my mj back together and i dont work that weekend i would definately like to go
    Essex County Jeep Club
    -1999 TJ "50 Shades of Jeep"

Sounds good. I'll head up things on this end firing off some emails, organizing a photographer, accommodations for people staying the night from the GTA, etc...

I'll swing by the restaurant tomorrow and give you a heads...

Any idea a rough number of jeeps showing up? To get an idea for pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Thanks George.

Not sure how many plan to stay the night. I thought about sleeping in your garage but I heard there was a Jeep in it still

I have been in contact with Jihan and told her that we have approximately 25 confirmed to make the trip and an additional 10 saying maybe. That does not include anybody locally that will show up (maybe you could help with getting a local presence and keeping us posted of that number), and we all know how Jeep outings work, numbers can swing up of down at the last minute (I mentioned that to Jihan as well).

Side note, for those heading to the BAJA show next week, Marc's parents will be visiting with us at the show.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Any idea a rough number of jeeps showing up? To get an idea for pictures...
    So far, I would say 10, not including locals.

So... I've got a photographer who has volunteered his picture taking/editing ablilties for July 6th. My idea is to have Marc's Jeep parked out infront of the Madameek Restaurant and to fill both sides of the parking lot with all the Jeeps that show up. Then get a group photo... That picture can then be presented to the Diab family to hang inside their restaurant.

Also I have contacted Black Bear Campground on base and reserved two sites C/D for anybody wishing to stay in Petawawa overnight. The sites are located right on the Ottawa river and include fire pit, washrooms & showers. Roughly $28 a site (1 adult tent/1 kid tent) and then $15 for every other tent on that site. If you are interested in staying at the campground please PM and let me know. I have until the evening of July 4th to cancel the reservation. If there are only a couple people interested in staying the night and they have a tent other accomodations can be arranged.

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Petawaw...formation.aspx

My Mood
    Aggressive
    WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!

Sorry George, I may have mis-communicated, or you might be misunderstanding...the purpose of this trip is to visit with Marc's family. As of right now, there is no plan to have Marc's Jeep in Petawawa on July 6. The Jeep is still not 100% driveable, especially for longer distances, due to a few items needing attention.

The planned delivery date for the Jeep to roll into Petawawa is Marc's birthday, September 23rd.

Sorry for the confusion...if anything changes, you will be the first to know.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll spread the word that the Jeep won't be here till Sept.

The offer still stands on the lodging if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!

Sorry George, I may have mis-communicated, or you might be misunderstanding...the purpose of this trip is to visit with Marc's family. As of right now, there is no plan to have Marc's Jeep in Petawawa on July 6. The Jeep is still not 100% driveable, especially for longer distances, due to a few items needing attention.

The planned delivery date for the Jeep to roll into Petawawa is Marc's birthday, September 23rd.

Sorry for the confusion...if anything changes, you will be the first to know.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 4 Hrs 51 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 32 Secs
    Will be there.
    94 YJ 5" lift with D44 35 x 12.5 on Steelies 4.0L 5 speed
    86 MJ 3" lift on 31" BFG's 4.0 HO 4x4 conversion - 96 Cherokee update
    More on the way
    OF4WD #6421

Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 8 Hrs 17 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins
    Any one want to convoy to Petawawa? I can't make it to Minden but I'll be going to Pet for the visit with some JK/ARMY buddies/road bitches, just seeing if anyone from the GTA and surrounding area are going to head over there also?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    How many you think you have coming Dan? Estimate number of people and Jeeps if you could, just trying to keep Jihan updated do they can make parking arrangements, etc.

Oh...and thanks for the bump...we are 5 days away from this trip...

4 in mine and I think another 3 locals

Road construction south of Bancroft is all but finished, should be smooth driving all the way up. Just wanted to pass the update on.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn View Post
    4 in mine and I think another 3 locals

Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberlake View Post
    Road construction south of Bancroft is all but finished, should be smooth driving all the way up. Just wanted to pass the update on.
    Thanks brotha!!! I assume you will be around Saturday night?

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Time Online: 8 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 4 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 32 Secs
    Looking like that is the only 3 days out of 14 that I am off. Think we're going to stick around and relax at the lake that weekend. (I know very selfish of me).

Going to have to back out of this one.
    03 Rubicon with stuff to make it gooder

"Bite my Shiny Metal ass!"

Retread #19

Is no one making the trip from the GTA to Petawawa?

Unfortunately I won't be around Jeff, I head home to Stouffville/Pefferlaw and this one being my girlfriends birthday I will definitely be heading south.

Matt