Thread: OFSC Trail = Trespassing???

Hybrid View

Time Online: 3 Days 11 Hrs 40 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Secs

OFSC Trail = Trespassing???

Saw this article in another thread:

http://www.chextv.com/News/LN/13-06-...FSC_trail.aspx

and thought I would ask for some clarity here. The article makes it sound like anyone on any OFSC trail is subject to the tresspass act at any time? Is this correct?

How can we know if we are allowed on these trails in the summer or not? I've seen these "Permit Required" signs on alot of trails that are known to be ok like Concession Lake, etc...

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs

Re: OFSC Trail = Trespassing???

You could definitely get in touch with the OFSC. I would maybe start. however, with utilizing the OF4WD. You might find that its an area they have already looked into.

Township offices, County offices and MNR would also be good resources.
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 6 Hrs 24 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min
    Thanks Officer

I have continued this thread information in the OF4WD section, HERE
    Thanks for the support, keep up the great work
    Brian Sibbles
    Executive Director
    www.of4wd.com

Time Online: 9 Mths 1 Wk 1 Day 10 Hrs 18 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Mins 57 Secs
    There is no need to bump these threads, when the Officer has time to answer he will, he has a job and a life outside of here, This thread is less than 24 hrs old.

IF THE RULES CAN NOT BE FOLLOWED YOU WILL BE BANNED, I have already had to remove 4 posts from this thread alone today. No more warnings!!

READ THIS!!! http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...cer-quot-Forum!

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    OK everyone, I was able to get in touch with the Minden office today, and spoke with someone there about this.

1) The property in question was in fact TOWNSHIP property.

2) The fact that it was an OFSC trail is of no consequence in this instance.

I think, however, that this highlights and serves as a reminder to some, that a little effort and research must be put in before going ahead and wheeling the unknown. A trail that is used by the OFSC during the winter, is NOT NECESSARILY open for wheeling in the summer. Many OFSC trails are used in conjunction with land use agreements. These can include right-of-ways/private property/protected lands and the like. It also includes in this instance, Township property.

The confusion with this particular news article, is that although it is indeed an OFSC trail, in this case that wasn't the reason the charges were laid.

I hope this clears it up for everyone....

Time Online: 3 Days 11 Hrs 40 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    OK everyone, I was able to get in touch with the Minden office today, and spoke with someone there about this.

1) The property in question was in fact TOWNSHIP property.

2) The fact that it was an OFSC trail is of no consequence in this instance.

I think, however, that this highlights and serves as a reminder to some, that a little effort and research must be put in before going ahead and wheeling the unknown. A trail that is used by the OFSC during the winter, is NOT NECESSARILY open for wheeling in the summer. Many OFSC trails are used in conjunction with land use agreements. These can include right-of-ways/private property/protected lands and the like. It also includes in this instance, Township property.

The confusion with this particular news article, is that although it is indeed an OFSC trail, in this case that wasn't the reason the charges were laid.

I hope this clears it up for everyone....
    I totally agree that people should always research BEFORE they go wheeling. Just wondering if you could direct us where we could start our research? Maybe the OFSC would tell us what was private Land Use Agreement and what wasn't??? Where else could we look/ask?