Thread: cargo/ utility trailer tires

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs

cargo/ utility trailer tires

ok i have heard that the MTO is charging people for not having the right tires on their trailers .here are some pics of tires i have found with light truck tires and the last pic is with which looks to be a stock trailer tire ..can you help with your knowledge ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    I have spoken with my MTO contact this week. There are no issues using passenger tires or light truck tires on trailers. The only thing you need to be sure of, is that the weight rating coincides with your trailer capacity and/or actual weight.

I hope this helps!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 14 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 49 Secs
    ON OFFroad would your source at the MTO know where in the HTA this could be confirmed, the mto and cops in hamilton have been nailing people for this there saying you can not run LT or P on there trailers and last year a friend of mine failed a roadside check for this reason but the tires he had on the trailer had a higher weight rating then the tires he was made to replace them with .. i my self had replaced the tires on 3 trailers last year for fear of a ticket for that ..i have tried to find this in the HTA but it seem i have lost my secret decoder ring .if you could help with this if possible that would be great ..
    thanks!!
    I thought life handed you lemons..... who the phuk is throwing them at my head !!!

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    As I have mentioned previously in many threads. I will not comment on what any other enforcement personnel have/haven't done.

I would suggest you contact your local MTO inspections office and make further inquiries.

Thanks for understanding. .