Thread: skidoo engine in atv?

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 9 Hrs 41 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 28 Secs

skidoo engine in atv?

Im looking at picking up an ATV for the wifey to ride since she doesnt like having just 2 wheels on the ground. As it is a first atv, and I dont anticipate her getting into it big, just for the occasional outting every other weekend, we're looking for a cheapy.

Obviously my options are chinese made being the cheapest, but I did find a polaris with a 400cc rotax engine put in it for a fair price. Only concern is are the snowbmobile engines capable of handling/running in summer heats?

Time Online: 3 Wks 14 Hrs 35 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 46 Secs
    i dont think that engine was put in, polaris atv's run those engines

it was a polaris 350, but PO said the 400 rotax came from a snowmobile. He said hes only run it in cold weather, but I'd like to run through the hotter months if possible. As I dont know much about either atvs or snowmobiles, I dont want to end up snagging it and having it unable to be used.

Time Online: 2 Days 23 Hrs 26 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    rotax is a bombardier (skidoo) engine. def not origanal. is it air or liquid cooled? LC you could run in the summer as long as it is not using the sled rad. you must use a "normal" style rad. sled rads are designed to have snow thrown on them to cool. you must use a normal rad with a fan and you should be ok. running a slightly cooler plug might help as well.

Time Online: 5 Days 11 Hrs 21 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    i would continue to look be a lot of screwing around to make it work.. what is your price range?
    if it aint broke... i dont own it!

I got yer jeep thing.......now it hurts when i pee......

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 11 Hrs 14 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 5 Secs
    i might have some big bear 400 for sale soon , just saying
    BAJA VP 2011
    OF4WD # 5962

budget is pretty measly @ under 1K. Im not looking anything pretty off the hop, its for the gf who's 5'0' tall, so even a 110cc would do her fine. Just the fact that she'll probably get used to the 110cc quickly and wouldnt mind skipping the whole buy/sell/get bigger.
    Likely she'll ride it on a couple times of the year, so dropping a few thousand on a machine just isnt in the budget at this point, unless I know it's something she'll actually get into and get use out of.

Even might end up with a trike since theyre relatively cheap and I know big reds can be very reliable.
    The only thing about the Chinese brands I am truly worried about is being out in the middle of a trail and it shitting the bed.

Time Online: 5 Days 11 Hrs 21 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    we had a 70cc z star for my son was a pain in the ass at first but once it was broken it it was a great machine.... honda big reds are damn fine machines but to get one for a grand in decent shape will be tough but parts arent hard to find and if you can do the work its worth it and when yer done itll still be worth what you have into it or more