Thread: Gas can on roof?

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 47 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 3 Secs

Gas can on roof?

Howdy Mr. SAVE,

Are you able to comment on the legality of carrying extra fuel in approved containers in a roof basket? My plan was two or three 20L 15-year-old plastic containers tightened down with ratchet straps on my XJ.

(started from this thread: http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...as-can-on-roof)

Thanks!
    But our trip was different. It was to be a classic affirmation of everything right and true in the national character. A gross physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country. But only for those with true grit.

And we are chock full of that, man!

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Just checked with my dangerous goods contact. It appears you're good up to 454 litres. After that, you're in to placards.

This is assuming the 20 litre tanks you're referring to have proper labels/stamps.

Hope this helps!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 47 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 3 Secs
    Thanks dude, that's what I was hoping to hear! Now I just have to find me some new O-rings