Thread: new old vehicle.

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 50 Secs

new old vehicle.

hey guys looking for your opinions on a used vehicle. Ive been out of the auto business for a few (lots) of years now and have lost touch with the real world experience. If you were going to buy a truck in the 5 to 7 year old range what would you want and why. It must be a 4x4 and I will probably put a snow blade on it. It wont be a daily driver but I want it to be able to be if needed. Im a chevy fan but that's not important if for say they made lousy tranny, know what I mean?
    OF4WD #7392 88 Romeo

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 52 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 49 Secs
    where i used to work they had ford super duty's for plow trucks and i know the 06 f250 sd blew through 4 transmissions in the first 2 years and then after that was solid. from my experience the chevy driveline is strong but the front end is a little too light duty for serious plowing even though you see them all over the place. the ford and dodge heavy duty lines are rated for more weight on the front frame for a good sized pusher blade to go on it.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs

new old vehicle.

I'd personally prefer a 2500 series GM, but I'd just look for the lowest mileage, best shape truck in your price range. The Dodges have weak transmissions.

You don't need a diesel, so I'd cross it off your list now, unless someone just gave it to you.
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 50 Secs
    funny I had a 06 ford f250 super duty and although I only had it for 3 years It only had 2 injectors and batteries go. I LOVED the truck but the cost for diesel are huge if you don't need it. Oil changes way too often for how much I drove it. goes to show that some vehicles are duds and some are great.