Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Black Beast Christine - The Build

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 26 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 9 Secs

Black Beast Christine - The Build

so new years day I picked up a 1998 Cherokee sport 4dr as some of you now know. Drove out to Niagara, made a deal and got it home. within a week I had it safetied, insurance done and had picked up the plates! Now I call it "Black Beast Christine" as I came outside one night and the lights turned on, off, then on for a few seconds. That's how she got her name ( ya ya I can't wait to hear what everyone will come up with now as jokes

plans so far are

- ZJ rear disc conversion for the C8.25
    - new lift kit ( haven't decided for sure how much lift)
    - SYE and XJ front shaft for rear
    - long arm kit
    - 33's
    - electric fan mod
    - winch

- some stickers to make it go faster lol

I will be starting to build it up slowly starting in the next month or so. so stay tuned

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	960.1 KB 
ID:	95553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3600.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	999.6 KB 
ID:	95554
    Last edited by Tweeter; 02-24-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    IT'S TWEETER B!TCHEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav1 View Post
    "PIPPI APPROVED"
    Attachment 91983
    2004 Subaru forester 2.5 turbo AWD "The General"

1997 TJ sport Rollin' on 33's "Woah Black Betty"

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 21 Hrs 46 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 17 Secs
    Looks like fun! But it's no YJ! You need to add removable doors to that list of mods.
    Signed with an X

May my YJ RIP
    Building an SAS Xterra...slowly

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 56 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by pippilongstocking View Post
    ZJ rear disc conversion

why not an 8.8 swap? Can be done on the cheap, stronger axle, already disc...
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    why not an 8.8 swap? Can be done on the cheap, stronger axle, already disc...
    in the future an 8.8 will go in but I don't have the ability or room for that as of yet.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 21 Secs
    in the future an 8.8 will go in but I don't have the ability or room for that as of yet.
    Pussy
    91 Suburban on 38 Swampers, 5.7 (350) V1500 4x4. Big ...red...and ugly.

"The camel toe is the smile of the body, if the body were a face"

Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Days 6 Hrs 48 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 8 Secs
    IM GOING TO FECAL IN YOUR GARDEN

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 18 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 49 Secs
    Did you get that G1 yet young man!! And that's going to be a nice toy when it's done. And I'm with Jeff on the 8.8 I wouldn't bother with the zj disk swap. Hold off till you get an 8.8 the brakes you have now will be fine for now . BBD can get you the E-fan for a good deal and the temp is adjustable.
    Last edited by lemon; 02-24-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    I thought life handed you lemons..... who the phuk is throwing them at my head !!!

Time Online: 5 Mths 4 Days 9 Hrs 33 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 41 Secs
    From what I was told the 8.8 isn't a substantial amount stronger then the 8.25. Cause I thought about it too.

I am also working on the ZJ rear disk conversion on my new 8.25.i hope to have them in for jk 101.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeo View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinpete View Post
    Pussy
    Old man
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Did you get that G1 yet young man!! And that's going to be a nice toy when it's done. And I'm with Jeff on the 8.8 I wouldn't bother with the zj disk swap. Hold off till you get an 8.8 the brakes you have now will be fine for now . BBD can get you the E-fan for a good deal and the temp is adjustable.
    Nope but i'll be going Saturday when dad is back from London. I'm anxious lmao. another thing too is that the C8.25 is comparable in strength, is it not? I'll talk to BBD sometime in the next few weeks and see what he can do for me for an electric fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    From what I was told the 8.8 isn't a substantial amount stronger then the 8.25. Cause I thought about it too.

I am also working on the ZJ rear disk conversion on my new 8.25.i hope to have them in for jk 101.

yeah That was my thought.

What you thinking for electric fan? I'm going to be putting in a 2 speed Volvo fan

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs
    4 more days before we all need to hide lol
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

What you thinking for electric fan? I'm going to be putting in a 2 speed Volvo fan

Was looking at a swap that used another stock XJ AC fan and also a swap with a flex-a-lite fan. Although the volvo 2 speed fan does sound like a good idea. Will you be wirring it in to turn on manually or automatically off the ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by ButtPiratexpress1369a View Post
    4 more days before we all need to hide lol
    Yup! So watch out

Re: Black Beast Christine - The Build

[QUOTE=pippilongstocking;1340951]Was looking at a swap that used another stock XJ AC fan and also a swap with a flex-a-lite fan. Although the volvo 2 speed fan does sound like a good idea. Will you be wirring it in to turn on manually or automatically off the ECM?

That is going to be the plan

My Mood
    Lurking
    Old man

Nope but i'll be going Saturday when dad is back from London. I'm anxious lmao. another thing too is that the C8.25 is comparable in strength, is it not? I'll talk to BBD sometime in the next few weeks and see what he can do for me for an electric fan.

yeah That was my thought.
    Old man....ouch................................teenage motherfawkerchickenlickenscabbyassmotherfawker

My Mood
    Aggressive
    What room is needed? put the rear on jackstands, drop the axle out, put the replacement axle in...

As for ability...spring perches need to be flipped, cut them off with a zip cut, clean up the tubes, buy a new set of spring perches, offer up some coupons to the rub and tug to find someone to weld them on for you...only other thing needed will be a driveshaft mod, grab the driveshaft from the exploder you source the axle from and take it, along with your stock driveshaft, to Ontario Transaxle on the south service road in Stoney Creek...as long as you give them the right length, they can pilage the parts from the two shafts and make you what you need for a reasonable price...get some e-brake cables and slap it all back together...

another thing too is that the C8.25 is comparable in strength, is it not?
    29 spline 8.25 vs 8.8 vs 44 <--- you will find various people who will support and argue for each one of those...they all have pros and cons...one of the problems with the 8.25 is limited aftermarket support, it has gotten better recently, but you will not find as much out there for an 8.25 as you would for an 8.8 or 44, and the parts that are available are more expensive...example ---> lunchbox locker (new) will run you about $150 - $200 more for an 8.25 vs an 8.8 or a 44...finding a used lunchbox for considerably less money will be substantially easier than finding a used lunchbox for an 8.25.

You can pick up an 8.8 for under $150 and have a decent choice of gear selection (3.08, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 were all available stock in an exploder, so no need for gear swap to match your exiting gearing)...if you want to run a lunchbox locker in the future, grab a factory open diff axle...a factory limited slip would require a complete carrier change to put a locker in down the road...toss in the cost of spring perches, a case of beer to pay the welder, at most $200 for the driveshaft mod...sell off your 29 spline to somebody with an earlier XJ...should be able to do it for under $300...find a used lunch box for $150...call it done...

My Mood
    Lurking
    what room is needed? Put the rear on jackstands, drop the axle out, put the replacement axle in...

As for ability...spring perches need to be flipped, cut them off with a zip cut, clean up the tubes, buy a new set of spring perches, offer up some coupons to the rub and tug to find someone to weld them on for you...only other thing needed will be a driveshaft mod, grab the driveshaft from the exploder you source the axle from and take it, along with your stock driveshaft, to ontario transaxle on the south service road in stoney creek...as long as you give them the right length, they can pilage the parts from the two shafts and make you what you need for a reasonable price...get some e-brake cables and slap it all back together...

29 spline 8.25 vs 8.8 vs 44 <--- you will find various people who will support and argue for each one of those...they all have pros and cons...one of the problems with the 8.25 is limited aftermarket support, it has gotten better recently, but you will not find as much out there for an 8.25 as you would for an 8.8 or 44, and the parts that are available are more expensive...example ---> lunchbox locker (new) will run you about $150 - $200 more for an 8.25 vs an 8.8 or a 44...finding a used lunchbox for considerably less money will be substantially easier than finding a used lunchbox for an 8.25.

You can pick up an 8.8 for under $150 and have a decent choice of gear selection (3.08, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 were all available stock in an exploder, so no need for gear swap to match your exiting gearing)...if you want to run a lunchbox locker in the future, grab a factory open diff axle...a factory limited slip would require a complete carrier change to put a locker in down the road...toss in the cost of spring perches, a case of beer to pay the welder, at most $200 for the driveshaft mod...sell off your 29 spline to somebody with an earlier xj...should be able to do it for under $300...find a used lunch box for $150...call it done...
    the freak is back fawk yea!

Old man....ouch................................teenage motherfawkerchickenlickenscabbyassmotherfawker
    Now that's a mouth full, haven't heard that one yet!
    What room is needed? put the rear on jackstands, drop the axle out, put the replacement axle in...

As for ability...spring perches need to be flipped, cut them off with a zip cut, clean up the tubes, buy a new set of spring perches, offer up some coupons to the rub and tug to find someone to weld them on for you...only other thing needed will be a driveshaft mod, grab the driveshaft from the exploder you source the axle from and take it, along with your stock driveshaft, to Ontario Transaxle on the south service road in Stoney Creek...as long as you give them the right length, they can pilage the parts from the two shafts and make you what you need for a reasonable price...get some e-brake cables and slap it all back together...

You can pick up an 8.8 for under $150 and have a decent choice of gear selection (3.08, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 were all available stock in an exploder, so no need for gear swap to match your exiting gearing)...if you want to run a lunchbox locker in the future, grab a factory open diff axle...a factory limited slip would require a complete carrier change to put a locker in down the road...toss in the cost of spring perches, a case of beer to pay the welder, at most $200 for the driveshaft mod...sell off your 29 spline to somebody with an earlier XJ...should be able to do it for under $300...find a used lunch box for $150...call it done...
    Okay Jeffy you've convinced me. the fact that there is more aftermarket support for the 8.8 sold me on it. I'll probably look at on open one since a locker in the future is a defenit.
    Thank you guru Jeff lol
    the freak is back fawk yea!
    Nice to have all back to normal lol

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 18 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 49 Secs
    There was a guy selling a locker for a 8.8 in burlington awhile ago. Not sure if it has been sold but I think it was $80

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yep...that was sold, not sure who bought it, but the guy showed up at my shop one day and said one of my buddies told him to drop it off to me...an hour later some dude from Brantford messaged me and asked me to bring it to rib night...not sure where it went from there, but I have a feeling it ended up down Windsor way.