Thread: help getting jeep back on road

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 22 Hrs 18 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 23 Secs

help getting jeep back on road

A few months ago, i posted that the jeep (2000 tj) had a clutch issue that lead to a whole big frame problem. When the tech took off the crossmember holding the tansmission in place, they found rot in the bottom of the frame.

I have parked the jeep, and tried a couple times to let her go, but there is something in me that just cant see her go. SO here is my problem.... I understand what needs to be sone to correct the issue (i think, and that is from talking to people on the forum ) but know that it is not worth the many thousands of dollars that the dealership and another shop have quoted me.

Looking for some help to get the jeep back on the road for the summer, I have the place, time and funds to look after the repairs, just not the skills, ability and tools.
    if there is anyone that would be willing to assist I would be greatful.

Not asking for a fix my jeep for a case of beer type thing, i will make it worth the time and effort that people are willing to supply.

Anyone with the skills willing to help me out.
    semper ubi sub ubi

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 22 Hrs 29 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 7 Secs
    Well too bad your so far away or I would be more than happy to,. You should let people know what you need done, ie welding etc also do you have 220 V hydro? Most electric dryers run on it, that would be to plug in a welder.
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 12 Secs
    Something worth looking into is a fresh frame swap. PM blenheimBoy on here, he can probably get you a fresh, rust free clean frame from California. Then just swap everything over.

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 22 Hrs 18 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 23 Secs
    Good points guys...

my needs are
    1. welding the frame back to "safe" and roadworthy. and associated pain in the ass things to make it so we are able to get all of the pieces back together. problem is the holes are where the nuts for the crossmembers should be, so that is another step.
    2. the clutch will need replaced, but Im pretty sure I have that looked after.
    3. I need the blower motor replaced but I am pretty sure I have that looked after.

Shop is located in eastern end of the durham region, and is large and has all of the power that one would need for any work or power requirements we would need.

I am NOT mechanically minded, so I would suggest that tools needed and equipment would need to be brought on the day.

I will be supplying any and all consumables along with ensuring that those that offer their time are compensated for their assistance
    Last edited by trocar; 03-16-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: additional information

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 10 Hrs 4 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 37 Secs
    has this problem/repair been done yet?
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.