Thread: Insurance broker recommendations for lifted jeep

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 7 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs

Insurance broker recommendations for lifted jeep

I've wasted the last few weeks phoning a ton of insurance companies and brokers only to be turned down when I mention that I plan to lift it.
    The ones that will insure it are telling me that these mods require a "high risk policy" and run $8-12K a year.

Can anyone suggest a broker? If you want, you can even give me the name of the broker/agent you used.

Any leads are appreciated!

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 26 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 9 Secs
    My cherokee is lifted 3" on 31's and insurance just looked past it and were not paying much either. Just insure it the way it is and don't mention your "future plans"

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 12 Hrs 58 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs
    i put liability on my rig only..... no pictures, no questions asked.... MOD away!
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

I'm trying to go the legit route. Last thing I want is to have the insurance company pull my coverage after getting in an accident.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 1 Hr 45 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by 1n5ane View Post
    I'm trying to go the legit route. Last thing I want is to have the insurance company pull my coverage after getting in an accident.
    Good answer. Welcome to JK.

What year is your jeep?

What are you're plans? Wheeler or mall crawler/street cruiser.

Problem is most newer modded jeeps you see cruising around have just bought pink slips. Which if pulled over by the police. Yes you have insurance. Get in an accident. You're insurance company could drop you like a rock for not fully disclosing the mods.
    Which I realize you understand.

If it is 20 yrs. Old. You have options with restrictions. But it's cheap.

Your question is posted weekly on here, try pulling up old threads.

I currently drive a stock 06 TJ sport, looking to put in a 4" short arm lift and some 33"s.
    Not looking to build a serious crawler but I'd like something more capable than stock.

I've wasted a lot of time over the last few weeks calling brokers and insurance companies, nobody will insure it for a reasonable cost.
    It seems like everyone is able to phone their company/broker, tell them about the mods, and get insurance while I'm hunting night and day with no results.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs
    Call an office outside of the gta. Worked for me. One of our customers is an insurance company and the office in bradford showed interest in covering my jeep. I got coverage from a place in Windsor with full disclosure. The company's limit what the gta offices can sell.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Do you mind disclosing which broker you're using?

I've called some outside the GTA(Hamilton) and they're still unwilling to cover me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Unfortunately going to my guy won't help. He's on sick leave at the moment with no eta back. A friend tried and the other people in the office were unable to help.

But I don't think Hamilton is far enough.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    Im with all state and they know my jeep is jacked up on big tires its written right in the policy I didnt hide anything and it has full coverage on it and i pay extra for the full replacement value up to 5 years old so i dont loose anything if its written off. It took weeks to find insurance but glad i did it the right way.

But i have a friend who is a broker with another company in burlington and she told me it honestly doesnt matter what your plicy states when it comes down to the claim they have loop holes she says and they can drop anyone at any time going through their loop holes no matter what policy you have signed im sure it is in fine print somewhere that no one reads... so just try not to ever make a claim!
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

Time Online: 1 Yr 1 Mth 1 Wk 4 Days 16 Hrs 51 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Mins 26 Secs
    I went through the same problems. Stevens & Hunt covered me and even have photos of my Jeep. Mind you, I'm in the London area....

My Mood
    Daring
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 4 Days 12 Hrs 50 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 24 Secs
    Why would you ever tell them that you plan to lift it?
    Don't mention any modifications current or planned.
    If you are looking for collision and mods to be covered should you get into an accident, good luck....

Call CG&B Group. My YJ was 120 a month with liability and fire and theft.
    93 YJ - Stock 2.5L inline 4, 4" Rough Country Lift, 1.5" Shackles, 33" BFG's, SYE yet to be installed, Raptor Liner Sprayed, CB, Stereo that goes BooM, Aussie locker front, XJ solid shafts, tube fenders by Tubular Metalworx, 8500lb winch, Garvin swing away tire carrier and clearly far too much time on my hands. No roof, no doors and two screaming kids in the back.

My Mood
    Fine
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 14 Hrs 1 Min 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 17 Secs
    ive said nothing to my broker...they asked in writing a yr or so ago if any mods,i never responded,nothing has come of it...fingers crossed
    6#DAERTER
    01 TJ

My Mood
    Twisted

Re: Insurance broker recommendations for lifted jeep

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy17 View Post
    Why would you ever tell them that you plan to lift it?
    Don't mention any modifications current or planned.
    If you are looking for collision and mods to be covered should you get into an accident, good luck....

Call CG&B Group. My YJ was 120 a month with liability and fire and theft.
    The reason to tell them is in the event of a claim they can cancel your coverage on the spot and leave you to cover the medical bills and income of the guys who's Honda you just ran over when he turned left in front of you. Even if it's not your fault his insurance company will sue you and you won't have the resources of your company to protect you.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    The reason to tell them is in the event of a claim they can cancel your coverage on the spot and leave you to cover the medical bills and income of the guys who's Honda you just ran over when he turned left in front of you. Even if it's not your fault his insurance company will sue you and you won't have the resources of your company to protect you.
    ^^ This! not smart not telling them but hopefully you never need to make a claim god forbid your heavy duty plate front bumper 30" in the air T bones a civic going right into their head... have fun with that when insurance drops you haha

Time Online: 11 Hrs 50 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    If anyone is interested inbox me and i will give you contact info on the guy i just signed with .I left Aviva after 8 years 9 star ratting after i did some recon on mod's the mod issue .I never gave it a second thought when i had my Hummer and Raptor . I was lucky , cause they would of dropped me faster than The Discovery Channel did Will Hayden from sons of guns ! He can do Ontario guys , all mod's except power upgrades . Lifts ,winches,tires,rims,snorkels,lights,. All good .
    My mod's when done will be like $7,400 . $10 dollars extra a month .I have lower deductible then when i was with my old insurer . Full coverage on 2014 JKU with mod's $162 a month . Just inbox me if you want his info or hit me up on FB . \M/
    Last edited by JSJKU; 10-22-2014 at 06:02 AM.