Thread: New synergy cage in jku

Time Online: 2 Days 23 Hrs 50 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs

New synergy cage in jku

I'm posting a thread with photos of my new DIY weld-in frame tie-in cage kit from synergy.

Had a few people asking about it in my other thread so I figured people would be interested to check it out in this thread.

Installed by Jim at rockspyder, I think it's a great alternative to a custom cage in the jk for anyone looking for a bit more than a bolt in cage.

Tried my best to get photos. Stay tuned for some more photos with my gopro (trying to get a wide angle shot of everything.

New synergy cage in jku

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    Ah thanks! was curouis if it was synergy kit haha seen many many threads on this cage! looks good
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by just-lift-it View Post
    Ah thanks! was curouis if it was synergy kit haha seen many many threads on this cage! looks good
    Thanks! I love the way it turned out. I think it's a great kit.

My Mood
    Lurking

New synergy cage in jku

I made my own cage custom I just haven't done that a pillar cuz I'm not sure how to go through the dash yet lol

I'll have to so something similar to synergy I guess haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New synergy cage in jku

Very nice, I've seen your cage on another forum I think. Ya maybe Take a look at the synergy instructions on how they go through the dash. Or u can check out my jeep up close one day for ideas.

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Looks great!

I'd just like to throw a concern out there that may have not been brought up before as it's not very often either in a Jeep or in a Race application where you have people located in the rear of the vehicle. The harness bar across the rear of front seats is a potential impact point for the rear passengers if they are wearing the stock belts. The stock belts would potentially allow the passengers heads to impact the bar in a frontal impact. Now yes there is padding available for roll bars but it is not designed for an unprotected head ie. no helmet. The foam is designed to lesson the blow on the head while wearing a helmet and is mandated by some professional racing leagues due to previous issues. The last thing I want to hear is how someone became injured because no one warned them.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

My Mood
    Lurking

New synergy cage in jku

Agreed mines getting harness for everyone and ya thanks man might have to come xheck it out up close!

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 2 Hrs 55 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 3 Secs

Re: New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by just-lift-it View Post
    Agreed mines getting harness for everyone and ya thanks man might have to come xheck it out up close!

Ummm she's a woman not a man haha. Looks good Christine.
    09 Rubicon Unlimited
    RK 3.5 lift on 37" Toyos
    Lots of other stuff

OF4WD #6644

My Mood
    Lurking

New synergy cage in jku

Oh hahahaha so sorry!

New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    Looks great!

I'd just like to throw a concern out there that may have not been brought up before as it's not very often either in a Jeep or in a Race application where you have people located in the rear of the vehicle. The harness bar across the rear of front seats is a potential impact point for the rear passengers if they are wearing the stock belts. The stock belts would potentially allow the passengers heads to impact the bar in a frontal impact. Now yes there is padding available for roll bars but it is not designed for an unprotected head ie. no helmet. The foam is designed to lesson the blow on the head while wearing a helmet and is mandated by some professional racing leagues due to previous issues. The last thing I want to hear is how someone became injured because no one warned them.
    I agree 100% !! The rear seats will have seat belt harness at all times. I just haven't had a chance to install them yet but they're awaiting their install

The only time I have passengers is when I'm on the trails and friends or family want to experience the rocks. As a Daily drive, no one really gets back there.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is illegal to drive with a 4 or 5 point harness as opposed to the regular seatbelt?

New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Ummm she's a woman not a man haha. Looks good Christine.
    Hahahah thanks kent

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 20 Hrs 9 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 51 Secs
    from what i can find re: seat belts...You can drive with your 4/5 point on, but you also have to be using the stocker
    '99 XJ Sport - Black - BUILD THREAD
    '13 Ram 1500 QC - Black Gold

Shocker #5
    OF4WD #8158

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepwave View Post
    I agree 100% !! The rear seats will have seat belt harness at all times. I just haven't had a chance to install them yet but they're awaiting their install

The only time I have passengers is when I'm on the trails and friends or family want to experience the rocks. As a Daily drive, no one really gets back there.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is illegal to drive with a 4 or 5 point harness as opposed to the regular seatbelt?
    legally the stock one must be worn still and unmodified unless approved by a doctor due to a related medical concern. Doesn't mean you can't wear both.

New synergy cage in jku

Hmm interesting lol. I'm trying to understand the logic of both...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 56 Secs
    I don't think RBJeepThing was suggesting you wear both, just making a statement that it is an option and truly you need to be wearing the stock belt on the street from a legality standpoint. The people I know with harnesses, keep their stock belts for use on the road but I have never known them to wear both at the same time...typically it is stockers on the street and harnesses on the trail.

The logic comes from the stock belts and their mounting points and locations within the vehicle (and relative to everything else in the vehicle) having been thoroughly tested and approved by MULTIPLE safety standards organizations to function properly in a crash. The same can't be said about your aftermarket harnesses/cage/mounting points.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    I don't think RBJeepThing was suggesting you wear both, just making a statement that it is an option and truly you need to be wearing the stock belt on the street from a legality standpoint. The people I know with harnesses, keep their stock belts for use on the road but I have never known them to wear both at the same time...typically it is stockers on the street and harnesses on the trail.

The logic comes from the stock belts and their mounting points and locations within the vehicle (and relative to everything else in the vehicle) having been thoroughly tested and approved by MULTIPLE safety standards organizations to function properly in a crash. The same can't be said about your aftermarket harnesses/cage/mounting points.

I still have my stock belts and have full intent on wearing them on the street. If for no other reason, simply because I don't find the harness comfortable enough for daily use. I was just curious as to why the law is laid out that way.

with the point brought up about the rear seatI, I was curious if it was an option for those passengers to be wearing the harness.

Thanks for the last explanation, that definitely makes sense

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepwave View Post
    I still have my stock belts and have full intent on wearing them on the street. If for no other reason, simply because I don't find the harness comfortable enough for daily use. I was just curious as to why the law is laid out that way.

with the point brought up about the rear seatI, I was curious if it was an option for those passengers to be wearing the harness.

Thanks for the last explanation, that definitely makes sense
    The rear I would wear both: the harness to prevent contact with the front cross bar and the stock for legality reasons. The design of the cage looks like in the front you should be ok with just the stockers since the dashbar is covered by the dash itself.

New synergy cage in jku

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    The rear I would wear both: the harness to prevent contact with the front cross bar and the stock for legality reasons. The design of the cage looks like in the front you should be ok with just the stockers since the dashbar is covered by the dash itself.
    It looks like this is what I will do. No one really goes in the back, but for those rare occasions that's what will happen

Thanks for all the advice guys.