Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: raw material for bumpers

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 23 Hrs 44 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 4 Secs
    Hey now that I have got my new toy ( Plasma Cutter LOL ) I can get to start on the replacement bumpers for my 95 zj !! now to make the final decision on what style to do.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    I have no problem buying the beer but need a ride to the beer store.

well I hope to get to my front and back bumper build soon but still dealing with a lot of other problems yet with my heap of a jeep

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 17 Hrs 23 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 48 Secs
    Can't wait to see them! Don't let other Jeep problems (square them away first) ruin your fabbing experience......take your time and enjoy the build as much as the finished products!
    OF4WD member #7498

Quote Originally Posted by Dekooy View Post
    Can't wait to see them! Don't let other Jeep problems (square them away first) ruin your fabbing experience......take your time and enjoy the build as much as the finished products!
    ya well the reason I am having so many problems right now is because my jeep was stolen and taken for a joy ride through a corn field and that is why the bumpers were going to be done because of damage but just had to change a front wheel bearing a couple few days ago so while I was at it I swapped the axle shafts out of my donor jeep that I was thinking about putting on the road while I did the bearing seeing as the donor had the new u joints on the front axle. after that all the noise in the front end was gone and it handles a lot better.

but now the front is better I could hear that I have a issue with the rear axle, sounds like the bearings there too. So I decided seeing as the donor had a good rear axle why not just swap them and fix up the bad one for a spare when I have the time and money.

what I need is a couple friends to come and help me pull the rest of the stuff off the donor so I can cut up and scrap the body ( going to be keeping some sections of the body for helping fab the bumpers )

I hope tomorrow is warm enough to get the axle out of my dd so I can get the donor axle in.