Thread: Which mods do the Insurers care about?

Hybrid View

Time Online: 1 Day 23 Hrs 9 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs

Which mods do the Insurers care about?

Basically which mods make insurers nervous or demand extra rates?
    I'm not concerned about slight increases to cover the mods if stolen or totaled but things that make the insurers go wow I don't want to cover (or want big $'s) for a jeep with those mods.
    Things like:
    1: adding a LSD.
    2: adding an after market bumper or bumper & winch.
    3: increasing tire size slightly. IE: from 255/75/17 to 255/80/17.
    4: adding a leveling kit.
    2014 JK in anvil, auto, 3.73 gears, hardtop, 32" tires on 17" rims

Time Online: 1 Yr 1 Mth 1 Wk 4 Days 16 Hrs 51 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Mins 32 Secs
    Power adders and suspension mods.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 4 Wks 17 Hrs 49 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 50 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Basically which mods make insurers nervous or demand extra rates?
    I'm not concerned about slight increases to cover the mods if stolen or totaled but things that make the insurers go wow I don't want to cover (or want big $'s) for a jeep with those mods.
    You going to try and insure a custom bumper/lockers etc? Consider anything you do to upgrade your jeep a complete 'write off' / 'out of pocket loss'.
    they don't make your jeep worth any more $$$

**edit** whoops, sorry, didn't realize this was in 'ask a insurance broker'
    Last edited by sk8snwmx; 10-30-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    OF4WD MEMBER# 6656

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 22 Secs
    everyone i talked to any mod over stock they wont cover...

not factory paint? wont cover to expensive to repair if damaged, added more power? meant for racing wont cover, lifted suspension makes it to dangerous to roll wont cover... the list goes on for every!

But you can always find a broker who will understand about modded vehicles and cover you.. my buddy has a 2014 jk on 37s and he pays and extra $60 a year to have every single mod covered for loss or damage he has to give them pictures and reciepts of every mod and what not... he pays for the coverage but its worth it in his eyes so you just need to shop around i guess my company knows mine is up 5" on 38s but i also know they wont give me any money for the mods if i crash or gets stolen..

hope that helps
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

Time Online: 11 Hrs 50 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    Well my guy it's all about the power mod's . Everything else is cool =, exhaust, intake , etc. Lift- tires-snorkel-lights-winch- (Self recovery) . I will inbox contact info. A few guys from here and other site have signed with him and are happy. Check it out and see if it is what you are looking for .
    Last edited by JSJKU; 10-31-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    2014 JKU SAHARA , AUTO 4 INCH PRO COMP STAGE ONE WITH MX6 SHOCKS AND PC DUAL STABILZERS, PRO COMP ADJUSATABLE TRACK BAR,RUBBICON EXPRESS DROP CONTROL ARM BRACKETS 35.12.50-17 FIERCE ATTITUDE, 17x9 PRO COMP 7031 WHEELS,KC 6INCH AND 5 INCH LIGHTS AND BRACKETS, WARRIOR REAR TIRE SPACER , SMITTY BILT SEAT COVERS. RUGGED RIDGE LIGHT PANEL SWITCHES . ROUGH COUNTRY STUBBY BUMPER , WITH SMITTYBILT 10,000 LB X20 WINCH, DELTA HALO LIGHTS, COAST FRONT DRIVE SHAFT 1310. OF4WD # 8280

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 20 Hrs 9 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 51 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJKU View Post
    Well my guy it's all about the power mod's . Everything else is cool =, exhaust, intake , etc. Lift- tires-snorkel-lights-winch- (Self recovery) . I will inbox contact info. A few guys from here and other site have signed with him and are happy. Check it out and see if it is what you are looking for .
    i'll take a card too if ya don't mind I'm looking at switching companies anyway...
    '99 XJ Sport - Black - BUILD THREAD
    '13 Ram 1500 QC - Black Gold

Shocker #5
    OF4WD #8158

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 40 Secs
    My former insurance company told me stickers were on the the list of unacceptable mods... New company charges me a bit extra and wanted paperwork.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.