Thread: Looking for Insurance ...

Time Online: 2 Days 14 Hrs 47 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Secs

Looking for Insurance ...

Morning everyone ... just received my rate for 2015 on my 1986 Venture Royal ...jikes ... $86.50 x 12 = $1,038.00 for the year.
    coverage is PL/PD/Fire and theft. I've lost the contact # for an outfit in Toronto that specializes in bikes. Would anyone have suggestions ??

It really peeves me this insurance scam ... sold my Four Winns 245 because of dock-age fees and insurance for the little use we had even thought it was paid for. Same for the 2 sleds an 07 F1000 and 07 Jag 1100 plus the fact Ontario and Quebec Trail passes came in around $800.00.

Our summer car is a 95 A6 Quattro with just basic coverage and it's $900.00 per year and our 04 Blazer with Collision is $950.00 . I'm not even going to get into house and property insurance. The CJ 7 has no insurance either.

This early retirement is going to lead to a bicycle at this rate.. we have clean records no claims (always paid out of pocket) can't imagine a bad record rate ..

OK ..I feel better ... Cheers Randy

Time Online: 4 Days 1 Hr 48 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Secs
    I have been using Primmum Insurance for the last 7 years, TD now owns them. With them you only pay from March to September, but have all year coverage. I have checked out other insurance and they are cheaper. The only catch that has come up, they will not insure 30 year and older bikes. I ride a 83 Honda cx650e, but they sent my renewal papers again.

Before this I was with the CO-OPerators until they would not insure my Cherokee because it has a 3.5in lift in it and they only insure motorcycles as a conveince to there auto insurance. Its too bad, they had a good price until it was just the bike.

Hope this helps

almost forgot the number Primmum 1-866-466-5276
    Last edited by xjED; 01-25-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    2001 TJ Wrangler
    2.5" Rough Country Lift

1993 Cherokee
    3.5" Skyjacker Lift
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SNLn7Qk_XY

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    Spend some time on kanetix.ca and insurancehotline.com and shop around. There's no advantage in staying with a company forever. There's absolutely no end to insurance company greed, and they'll continually cry foul, jack up rates, while making billions of dollars.

You might be better off contacting a broker and see if he/she can combine all your toys and save you some money. When I had a crotch rocket, I liked State Farm because they didn't blacklist sport bikes, and based rates on engine size. They were recently bought out, and not really sure how they stack up anymore.
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

Time Online: 2 Days 14 Hrs 47 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Secs
    Thanks for the tips .. we are with State Farm and have been for 6 years but we are seeing everything going up with the buy-out of the Canadian arm by Dejardan in Quebec

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 21 Hrs 42 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 18 Secs
    ridersplus was good to me. Got a better rate from TD though.
    Signed with an X

May my YJ RIP
    Building an SAS Xterra...slowly

TJ_HOOKER is offline Moderator (yeah that's right, still.)
    My Mood
    Doh
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 5 Hrs 46 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min
    i'm with riders plus. i've heard td is cheaper, but riders plus has great customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Sounds like you're making friends all over the place.

2015 MK7 VW GTI (Tam's car), catback, INJEN intake, DV+, Eurodyne stage 1.5 tuning 300whp

2015 JK RUBICON 2-door

2010 Harley-Davidson FLHX

TEAM VAS-NUT for life!!!!!!!!1111