Thread: 2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Time Online: 4 Days 19 Hrs 29 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs

2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Can you crazy Jeepers help me out, hopefully relatively quickly? I've not signed the deal, but it's being plated and safetied and what not right now, so time is a factor.

What is everyones' opinions on this specific make/model?

From my Google searches I've found only problems with people overfilling their fuel, and drivetrain related stuff where people would use 4WD on dry pavement, etc. Basically, people are idiots.

I also spoke with a friend of mine who works as a mechanic with Jeep, and has been there for many years, and he said it's a solid car. While I was on the phone with him he went and asked the service manager and other mechanics and all of them said "I've not had one in my bay for a long time", which translates to it's good, mechanically speaking.

Another friend who has worked in his own bay however said it's a horrible Jeep, has tons of problems with failing rear axles, drivetrain problems, body problems, etc..

That's one person in a sea of others saying it's bad.. Biased?

What I need to know is if it's a good vehicle for 80% daily commute, 20% commute to the GF's? No trailing at all will be done.
    If Voyager 1 & 2 could cast a shadow on Earth, each would be smaller than a single E. Coli bacterium.
    Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 6 Hrs 28 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 49 Secs
    It is sounding like you must have signed something if it is being safetied and plated in your name already?

I know virtually nothing about Liberties but I have no love for the 3.8 V6 and I would not want to own a vehicle with one. I would consider a 2012 in order to get the 3.6.

That's all I have to add....
    Last edited by CTD NUT; 01-09-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

Cosigner has signed off - I have not.

I currently have a 2012 Jeep Rubi and I can't afford it - the payments alone are $360/bi weekly, plus gas, plus insurance.. I calculated it out, I'm spending 68% of my income just on the vehicle.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    68% of awesome fun!
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 10 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltron View Post
    Cosigner has signed off - I have not.

I currently have a 2012 Jeep Rubi and I can't afford it - the payments alone are $360/bi weekly, plus gas, plus insurance.. I calculated it out, I'm spending 68% of my income just on the vehicle.
    If your concerned about economy and saving money, I have 5 words for you.

DON'T BUY A JEEP ANYTHING!!!!
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Rear tailgates rust out under the trim.
    Shitty on fuel.
    Sunroofs Leak.

That has been our experience with them. Look up reviews of the Dodge Nitro it's the same vehicle.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 52 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 18 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    If your concerned about economy and saving money, I have 5 words for you.

DON'T BUY A JEEP ANYTHING!!!!
    That's definitely not a accurate Statement...

Other than minor things, itís said to be a good vehicle but I am with CTD here and wouldn't touch it without the 3.6 which is said to be the better engine for not only HP but Fuel economy...

Did you go with it or not...
    1989 Jeep MJ: 4.7L Stroker, 4WD Swap, 97+Conversion, RC Long Arm Upgrade Kit, 35x12.5x18 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, WJ D30, WK SRT8 Rear D44 w/approx. 8" Lift
    1983 Jeep CJ7: SOLD

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 17 Hrs 2 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 57 Secs
    Am I missing something? A 2010 Jeep Liberty is a KK and only engine was the 3.7L with a 4.0L in the Nitro and with a diesel overseas. Neither a 3.8L nor 3.6L were offered, not even in 2012. If you're referring to the 2014 Jeep Cherokee (KL) as a "better option" , which is the Liberty's replacement in the Jeep lineup, they are only offered with a 2.4L 4cyl and 3.2L in the US.

Anyway, in my experience, no major issues with the KJs other than the aforementioned terrible fuel economy and leaky sunroofs in certain cases. Other than that, simply from a design and competitive perspective there are better options in my opinion. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL is phenomenal in comparison but it has to be your cup of tea since you need to warm up to the exterior design, but at least the interior is great.
    Last edited by tonkatruck; 01-09-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Tri-City Jeep Club

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 6 Hrs 28 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 49 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkatruck View Post
    Am I missing something? A 2010 Jeep Liberty is a KJ and only engine was the 3.7L with a 4.0L in the Nitro and with a diesel overseas. Neither a 3.8L nor 3.6L were offered, not even in 2012. If you're referring to the 2014 Jeep Cherokee (KL) as a "better option" , which is the Liberty's replacement in the Jeep lineup, they are only offered with a 2.4L 4cyl and 3.2L in the US.

Anyway, in my experience, no major issues with the KJs other than the aforementioned terrible fuel economy and leaky sunroofs in certain cases. Other than that, simply from a design and competitive perspective there are better options in my opinion. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL is phenomenal in comparison but it has to be your cup of tea since you need to warm up to the exterior design, but at least the interior is great.
    Thank for the clarification. I assumed they stuffed the 3.6 in there. Too bad they didn't. That makes me even less interested than I already was. lol

The KJ was the model before the 2008 redesign, which was branded as the KK - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty_%28KK%29

Mine will have the 3.7L V6 and 4-Speed Automatic.

Time Online: 2 Days 8 Hrs 49 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Secs
    My brother has one, and he loves it. It's not a wrangler, but it is the next
    best thing. The liberty is trail rated, and has a decent amount of ground
    clearance. He has had it now for over 5 years, and has only had to replace
    the gas pedal. (Pedal was malfunctioning causing high revving situation).

Hope this helps.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 52 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 18 Secs
    Yup Sorry I didn't look into what Engines were there either and assumed they would have went with the better option with everything else...

We Have an 07 Liberty Limited with the same 3.7L engine and 4 speed Trans as your 2010 and it is Awesome however the older body Style as the Girlfriend didn't like the Boxy look of the 08+...

She gets Great fuel economy in her 07 and it has more then enough HP to easily spin the tires a little higher reving engine the I would like but I am used to my 4.0L ...

Time Online: 22 Hrs 15 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs

2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Easy answer here is to find a 2.5 TJ.