Thread: Broke Betty mini-build

Time Online: 6 Days 22 Hrs 8 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs

Broke Betty mini-build

So since I have my build thread on another forum, I figured I would do a mini build thread on here just to show you guys what I have done to my XJ.
    I purchased it July 2014 for $400, with 271,000km's. Only thing I knew was that it was overheating. I ended up replacing a cracked cylinder head(after replacing the gasket), and completely redoing the floors. There was lots of other little things as well; new headlights, wiring harness fixes, exhaust, heater fixes, A/C delete, headliner removal, door seals, etc etc.

Keep in mind, this was done on a very tight budget. Things would have be done properly if I had the money to do so.

Here's how she looked when I bought her:

The truck was undercoated well, and still had the stock carpet, so I never noticed the rusted out floors. I stumbled upon it by accident basically. These pics show the part of the floors that were completely gone, I hadn't cut anything out yet.

Here's the completed floors, I welded/riveted the new metal in. 20g stainless cold rolled. Holes were sealed with silicone, and everything was coated in bed liner.

Trunk done:

Continued in next post.
    Betty - 1996 Cherokee Sport 4DR 4WD

Time Online: 6 Days 22 Hrs 8 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs
    Anyways, so after all that I got some 31x10.5 15 BFG A/T ko's, then I cut up my bumper and front fenders, and installed a lift (procomp 3.5" lift leaf springs, Daystar 1.75" coil spring spacers, skyjacker 7000 shocks).

Before lift:

After cut fenders & bumper:

After lift and how she currently sits w/284,000kms:

Things I have left to do:
    1" lift coil springs
    Headlight upgrade
    Roof basket
    Front pushbar
    Headliner
    New tires(maybe 2000km left on my BFG'S)

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 10 Hrs 5 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 37 Secs
    Looking good dude....
    contact cowboy 17 he has a parts rig that may be of use to you!
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.