Thread: 08 tundra trd suspension

Time Online: 5 Days 9 Hrs 33 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Secs

08 tundra trd suspension

Took my 08 double cab toyota tundra TRD in for some exhaust work yesterday and when it was on the hoist they asked if I wanted to fix the broken leaf spring at the same time!????? Fawk….didn't even realize I had broke one. It's the second from the bottom, so other than possibly slipping out and puncturing my tire, it's not really affecting much.

But I obviously want to fix it. So my question is this:

Who should I take it to? I'd like a 4wd spring shop that is well versed in off road suspension. I trust shops like this on suspension repairs. The steelership will want an arm and a leg for a stock replacement, but stock didn't seem to cut it, so I'd like to upgrade while we're at it.
    I'm also not 100% the current set-up is stock, it has a super spring helper on top of the pack. I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find any details on the stock leaf spring set up.

I'm in the Aurora area…..any shop recommendations or knowledgable advice is appreciated…..

thanks

Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 21 Hrs 47 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 19 Secs
    Go see Ski at CT motorsports. Or Jakob at CREWFab. Both have been involved in a few serious Toyotas.
    The OG HOISTWAGON
    99 XJ, CT Motorsports built, Tons, 37" MTR/Ks, TMR 3-link and Beadlocks, CrewFab Cage and Bumpers, PSC full hydro

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 40 Secs
    ^this
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 1 Day 18 Hrs 33 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Hardick spring, look it up, keele and finch in toronto, give em a call, might be worth the drive

Quote Originally Posted by Timberlake View Post
    Go see Ski at CT motorsports. Or Jakob at CREWFab. Both have been involved in a few serious Toyotas.

Thanks Timberlake. The OG Hoistwagon looks pretty serious. Noticed you're in the Ottawa area, you run with the OVO ever?
    I actually had Ski do some work on a cherokee I had years ago, totally forgot about him…..good reminder.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 21 Hrs 42 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 18 Secs
    York Spring and Rad on Industrial Pkwy N. in Aurora, just North of Wellington. They re-arched my YJ spring when I bent it, good guys.
    Signed with an X

May my YJ RIP
    Building an SAS Xterra...slowly

Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 21 Hrs 47 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 19 Secs
    Thanks man, and I hang out with some of the ovo guys but have never wheeled with the club. jeep lives at the cottage in haliburton area.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrngYJ View Post
    York Spring and Rad on Industrial Pkwy N. in Aurora, just North of Wellington. They re-arched my YJ spring when I bent it, good guys.
    Thanks BigOrng found these guys by fluke, got my Tundra up and running within 2 hrs at a reasonable cost. Good guys for sure. Highly recommend using them for spring or rad work anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberlake View Post
    Thanks man, and I hang out with some of the ovo guys but have never wheeled with the club. jeep lives at the cottage in haliburton area.
    I used to live in Ottawa and ran with them for several years. The clubs since changed members, but the current president is a great guy, with a nice Samurai built by a buddy. There are some nice trails up in Calabogie if you ever get the chance. Thanks again for the tip.