Thread: Need sugestions for parts for '92 XJ

Time Online: 5 Days 11 Hrs 16 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs

Need sugestions for parts for '92 XJ

I have a '92 XJ 4dr with 4.0L Auto, NP242, Chry 8.25 rear, D30 front 4.5RC lift, stabilizer, drop pitman on 31x10.5x15 3.75BS... Think that covers what it is, now what I need..

Time to replace pretty much all parts in the front end that wear out, U joints, Axle seals, Tie rod etc.. (Tie rod is bent).. Ball joints are gone, Crankcase main bearing is leaking.. Where should I order from that isn't going to kill me for shipping but still give competitive pricing and does anyone have any suggestions on what parts will last longer. I use this XJ hard..
    Stop planning life and get to living it!
    519 offroaders FB group

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 9 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 47 Secs
    Get some shafts out of I think it's a 96+ XJ (or earlier one equiped with ABS) or shafts from a TJ, they will accept the much stronger Spicer 760 u-joints

Axle seals I always go with National and never had a problem

Tie-rods can't say I just get the premiuims from Carquest never had an issue

I was just about to post a thread on balljoints I'm on the fence between Spicer, Moog (problem solver line), Alloy USA or Synergy. . . . maybe somone here has some real world experience with those

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 12 Secs
    If you're ever out this way in Burlington, I have a track bar and close to new tie rods off my '98 XJ.
    IT'S TWEETER B!TCHEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav1 View Post
    "PIPPI APPROVED"
    Attachment 91983
    2004 Subaru forester 2.5 turbo AWD "The General"

1997 TJ sport Rollin' on 33's "Woah Black Betty"

Time Online: 5 Days 11 Hrs 16 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    Well in a matter of hours it's got to hell..lol now theres a very loud rattling sound coming from the mechanical fan area.. Fan seems to have no play when pulled on but it sure is coming from somewhere right there.. Gonna have to take it in I guess for this one..

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 22 Hrs 31 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmr View Post
    Well in a matter of hours it's got to hell..lol now theres a very loud rattling sound coming from the mechanical fan area.. Fan seems to have no play when pulled on but it sure is coming from somewhere right there.. Gonna have to take it in I guess for this one..
    Probably the clutch is toast on the fan clutch
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 9 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 47 Secs
    This ^ it can make a noise even without any play my other thought is the water pump they can make a hell of a rattle. For diagnosing noises do yourself a favor and get one of these: http://www.princessauto.com/en/searc...tt=Stethoscope

My Mood
    Amazed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 4 Wks 17 Hrs 49 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 50 Secs
    if you want cheap but beafier, just buy a whole front end kit for a 96 ZJ V8.. ebay/rockauto etc, comes with solid tie rod (rather then hollow) that's bent out to clear the diff cover and a sleeve that you can adjust your toe-in with rather then trying to twist the whole thing. same ball joints, tie rod ends etc.
    OF4WD MEMBER# 6656

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 54 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8snwmx View Post
    if you want cheap but beafier, just buy a whole front end kit for a 96 ZJ V8.. ebay/rockauto etc, comes with solid tie rod (rather then hollow) that's bent out to clear the diff cover and a sleeve that you can adjust your toe-in with rather then trying to twist the whole thing. same ball joints, tie rod ends etc.

On my list now, I see 2 here at the local pick and pull completely intact. I am also poaching a 99 intake (better flow=more go) from chero there.
    OF4WD Member #5196

My Mood
    Amazed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 4 Wks 17 Hrs 49 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 50 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by macka View Post
    On my list now, I see 2 here at the local pick and pull completely intact. I am also poaching a 99 intake (better flow=more go) from chero there.
    performance... Other then boring it out for a stroker kit, or a super charger with intake (knew a guy in Vacouver that had an Avenger -> $$$ ouch!), I feel anything you try and do to a 4.0L isn't worth the $ you could save for fuel... it will run forever as-is. that's why I like it the way it is. save you $ for gas and re-gear lower for big heavy tires.

forget about the BS neon injectors, cold air intake, throttle body extension, exhaust etc.

I'll take some of my exhaust OFF before wheeling trips because I'm going to just tear it off anyways...
    Last edited by sk8snwmx; 03-12-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 54 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    There is better flow on the rounder 98 and up intakes (40 to 100 at a pick a part), 4 hole bosch injectors are better on fuel and better burn = more power, etc etc. Anyways there are inexpensive ways to net a little more power and save on fuel. I am not a fan of CAI's because of the foam filters, but you can swap in bigger junkyard airboxes for better flow. Taurus fan is a relatively cheap upgrade as well as an improvement.
    How did you set up your exhaust to easily disconnect?

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 20 Hrs 9 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 51 Secs

Need sugestions for parts for '92 XJ

That'd be the '99 up intake mani. '98 is still squarish. Better spray available from the 4 hole injectors. Small increases but noticable over the life of the Jeep .

Edit, dunno why i said ionization of the fuel. Brain fart
    Last edited by Whiplash; 03-13-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    '99 XJ Sport - Black - BUILD THREAD
    '13 Ram 1500 QC - Black Gold

Shocker #5
    OF4WD #8158