Thread: Spicer Parts

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Hr 53 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs

Spicer Parts

Hey I am in the process of rebuilding a 1977.5 Dana 44 I have the BOM 610010-4 found all the part numbers but having trouble find some one who sells Spicer parts. I have been into partsource, napa, carquest and even a few independent parts guys and no luck.

Where do you find genuine Spicer parts?

I would like to deal with someone local but could order it all on-line if need be. I am located in Belleville

The reason I want to get Spicer parts is due to the axle being a Dana 44HP HD, it has the thick tubes and 8 bolt hub, more of a Dana 60 from the knuckle out. Maybe I am worried about something that I shouldn't be, any suggestions are welcome.

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 6 Hrs 27 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 49 Secs
    If you have a Traction HD store near you, they should be able to help. They are the HD division of NAPA and are a Dana/Spicer dealer. As well, many driveline shops are Dana/Spicer dealers.

I have no idea what parts you are after but absolutely nothing is the same on a D44 HD and a D60 front from knuckles out. Anyway, all of the common repair parts to rebuild your axle are available through NAPA and most other parts houses. The only thing I can think of that would be beneficial to have as a genuine Spicer part on that axle would be a set of Spicer Life series axle joints. Other than that, many aftermarket parts manufacturers supply quality repair parts for that axle.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

Time Online: 1 Mth 4 Wks 5 Hrs 59 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 47 Secs
    Give us a call 905 294 0494
    we can find what you are looking for.
    Jim@rockspyder4x4.com
    RockSpyder4x4.com
    12 Heritage Rd. Unit 12
    (905)294-0494

We are proud Distributors for
    BDS Suspension Products,Zone Offroad,JKS Products,Currie Ent,Inner Airlock Beadlocks,Radflo Shocks,Summit Machine Products,Yukon Gear,PSC Steering,TrailReady.

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Hr 53 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    CTD, thanks for the tip. I was able to find a shop in Kingston Keeler Truck they are a Spicer dealer. I been reading as much as I can find on this axle and was under the impression the hubs, rotors and calibers were the same as a Dana 60, but just what I have found on line. I sure won't argue with you about it, I am confident you know more then me :-). My troubles with Napa and the others is they can't find the parts from the BOM and I only have the BOM I have very little info on the old ford truck it came in. Other then its 77.5 F250 which doesn't seem to help them at all.

These are the parts

2 x Seal & Guide Tube Part# 36352
    2 x Socket Assy Part#706116X
    2 x Wheel Spindle Seal & Bearing Part# 706527X
    2 x Inner Wheel Bearing Cup & Cone Part# 706074X
    2 x Outer Wheel Bearing Part# 706111X
    2x Oil Seal Part# 35313

I have also contacted Jim at Rock Spyder.

Just a rookie at this I am learning as I go.

So this is the info I am working from
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	101443

Name:	List.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	101441

Name:	Parts.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	101442

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 6 Hrs 27 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 49 Secs
    A D44 and D60, regardless of which particular BOM, are fundamentally different in just about every aspect. The D60 is a larger, heavier axle that has virtually no parts in common with a D44 no matter what BOM's you are comparing.

I'm not sure where you are reading any info that would suggest otherwise but I can tell you that you should probably stop reading or referencing info from those sources.

If you give NAPA (or any other parts house) a vehicle application, they can help you with parts. Just tell them it is from a 1977 F250 light duty (lighter GVWR which has the D44 front) and you will be good to go. Many of us source parts this way. I have a Heep with no OEM components or BOM's to reference and that is all I do when it comes to sourcing parts. You get used to it after awhile.

Time Online: 9 Mths 5 Days 19 Hrs 58 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Mins 40 Secs
    Good info on your axle in here

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

Good to cross reference part #'s. Use 1978, not 1977. (77.5-79 F250, same sh!t)

http://www.rockauto.com/
    97 TJ - The Build
    77 J10 - Death Proof
    11 SRT Challenger with some stuff
    05 Duramax