Thread: 1994 jeep yj transfer case problems

Time Online: 5 Hrs 6 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

1994 jeep yj transfer case problems

hi everyone I am having a transfer case problem with my 1994 yj with a 2.5 liter and a 5 speed the problem is I shift into 4x4 and the front wheels don't engage first thought was the front axle disconnect so I installed a cable and i know it works fine I turn off the front axle and I can turn the drive shaft around buy hand even in four wheel so I assume the transfer case is the problem I was wondering if it would be easier and cheaper to swap out the case I can get a case out of a 98 tj I was wondering if it would work if it would be a direct bolt in replacement or if I would need to make modifications or if it would be easier to keep looking for another case any help would be appreciated

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 12 Hrs 58 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs
    cowboy17 has one out of a 95 sitting on his farm... contact him, he can hook ya up. as far as bolt in????? our tech guru will chime in soon......
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 9 Hrs 44 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 50 Secs
    I've got the 5 speed tranny with the transfer case from a 90 YJ with a 2.5L engine.
    200 OBO for all of it if you want? Worked good when I pulled it all
    text 519-658-3076

Mark

'90 YJ Wrangler with the mighty 2.5L , 2.5" lift, and about 250K miles on her
    '10 F-150 Supercrew, 2003 TJ 4.0 (FOR SALE!!!)
    Started the 1 ton/3 fitty build, 3more lugs are good right??
    I like soup....... and beavers

Time Online: 5 Hrs 6 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    from what I understand they changed the spline count after 92 I could change the input shaft but .sounds like a lot of work lol thanks