Thread: 33x12.5R17 on stock 2014 JKU Sahara

Time Online: 2 Wks 16 Hrs 59 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 12 Secs

33x12.5R17 on stock 2014 JKU Sahara

i have a stock 2014 JKU Sahara and wanted to install 33x12.5R17 tires.
    i don't want to lift or modify something on the jeep and i don't intend to offroad it.
    based from what i've read on this site, is that a stock JK can accomodate up to 33-inch tire max ( in stock form)
    my question is....... are there any rims with enough back spacing to fit a 12.5 wide tires without rubbing???
    wheel spacers are a no no to me.

thanks.

50 views and no reply
    this site is becoming useless

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 10 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 3 Secs

I don't own a jk so I can't help ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 13 Hrs 20 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 6 Secs
    Call just jeeps. I think they see enough jkus and can order pretty much any rim you can get
    My jeep wears a bra, maybe you should too

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 12 Hrs 58 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tire sizes.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	102911

hope this helps?
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    Yes you can run 33's on a JK and JKU with aftermarket rims with no rubbing unless you wheel and flex it they will hit the plastic flares...

You need to find rims with 4.5" backspacing or less I recommend something like the rugged ridge rims just go look at a dealer lot... there full of JKs brand new with rugged ridge rims and 33" MTZ tires in stock form...

any other questions about jks just tag me some how so I know because I just skim the titles and I thought this was a for sale ad so didn't bother looking at it since I haven't bought 33s for years haha
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

thanks for the info......

whenever i ask somebody on a stock JK with larger and wider tires they all says they are using 1.5 to 2 inch wheel spacers.
    i went to the dealer where i got my jeep and they have a tire and rim combo package 305/65/R17 LT Mickey Thompson MTZ and Classic Mickey Thompson black rims 3.25 backspacing for $4999 set of 5, this is too expensive in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-lift-it View Post
    Yes you can run 33's on a JK and JKU with aftermarket rims with no rubbing unless you wheel and flex it they will hit the plastic flares...

You need to find rims with 4.5" backspacing or less I recommend something like the rugged ridge rims just go look at a dealer lot... there full of JKs brand new with rugged ridge rims and 33" MTZ tires in stock form...

any other questions about jks just tag me some how so I know because I just skim the titles and I thought this was a for sale ad so didn't bother looking at it since I haven't bought 33s for years haha

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs

Yes on factory rims you run 1.75" spacers orrrrr you buy new rims with 4.5-4.25" backspacing and your fine!

Lmao 5 grand! Ya that's the stealer ship

Price it out at 4 wheel parts instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    thanks for the info......

whenever i ask somebody on a stock JK with larger and wider tires they all says they are using 1.5 to 2 inch wheel spacers.
    i went to the dealer where i got my jeep and they have a tire and rim combo package 305/65/R17 LT Mickey Thompson MTZ and Classic Mickey Thompson black rims 3.25 backspacing for $4999 set of 5, this is too expensive in my opinion.
    Guess you went to Peel...

We do a lift and some other stuff for the same price with the same rims and tires. We sell to dealers all the time and tell them to limit the suspension, lift it or mod/change the flares with 33's and a large offset rim. Most of them decide not to do anything and slap them on then tell their customers to come see us when they pop the clips holding the rear flares on from contact.

We will put 33's on a JK with no mods but do to having issues previously we put a disclaimer on your paperwork stating if you do contact we are not responsible.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 5 Days 13 Hrs 32 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    i have a stock 2014 JKU Sahara and wanted to install 33x12.5R17 tires.
    i don't want to lift or modify something on the jeep and i don't intend to offroad it.
    based from what i've read on this site, is that a stock JK can accomodate up to 33-inch tire max ( in stock form)
    my question is....... are there any rims with enough back spacing to fit a 12.5 wide tires without rubbing???
    wheel spacers are a no no to me.

thanks.
    Long but very informative thread that helped me a lot when I first got a jk
    http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/lar.../142837?page=1
    Last edited by Boris210; 12-10-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    Guess you went to Peel...

We do a lift and some other stuff for the same price with the same rims and tires. We sell to dealers all the time and tell them to limit the suspension, lift it or mod/change the flares with 33's and a large offset rim. Most of them decide not to do anything and slap them on then tell their customers to come see us when they pop the clips holding the rear flares on from contact.

We will put 33's on a JK with no mods but do to having issues previously we put a disclaimer on your paperwork stating if you do contact we are not responsible.

yes i got my jeep from Peel, but during that time in 2014 they don't have this option to sell a brand new jeep with aftermarket larger tires but now they do.
    i haven't been to Just Jeeps in years..... i used to go there alot when i had a 94 YJ and a 2004 TJ. Alex and Stu are very helpful...... are they still there???

Quote Originally Posted by just-lift-it View Post
    Yes on factory rims you run 1.75" spacers orrrrr you buy new rims with 4.5-4.25" backspacing and your fine!

Lmao 5 grand! Ya that's the stealer ship

Price it out at 4 wheel parts instead

ent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me wheel spacers are a NO NO
    based from what i've read on various threads.... 4.5" backspacing on aftermarket rims with 12.5 wide tires will still rub some components and 3.25" is what they recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Boris210 View Post
    Long but very informative thread that helped me a lot when I first got a jk
    http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/lar.../142837?page=1
    thanks... and yes i came across this and i've learned alot, nice to share

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    yes i got my jeep from Peel, but during that time in 2014 they don't have this option to sell a brand new jeep with aftermarket larger tires but now they do.
    i haven't been to Just Jeeps in years..... i used to go there alot when i had a 94 YJ and a 2004 TJ. Alex and Stu are very helpful...... are they still there???
    Alex left, sold his Jeep and works for a Ford dealership in Parry Sound as a licensed tech.

Stu left, sold his Jeep and not sure what his is doing now.

Time Online: 12 Hrs 14 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    Been researching this as well for at least a month for my stock 2015 sport unlimited. That size tire u should go with 1.5" spacers. Even if u don't intended to off road u may get some rubbing at full steering wheel turn without them

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 11 Hrs 11 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 15 Secs
    As mentioned previously 3.25 to 3.5 bs and 2" bb will let run 33's without any rubbing while disconnected offroad. You can run 33's with no lift but its tight to the fenders. No wheelie wheelie without a budget boost. Looking for a set? I've got 5 used on rims for sale pm me for details.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 52 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 49 Secs
    i run 305/70/16 dick cepek mud country tires on 16" pro comp 7069 rims with a 4" back spacing i also installed a 2.5" rough country spacer kit and have never had it rub. i ran for 3 months without the lift and never rubbed but i never wheeled it during that time and avoided excessively rough roads during that time. I have never had the tires rub on any steering or suspension components during full steer with the 4" backspacing on the rims. i believe wheel spacers will be illegal in this province july 1 as per the new vehicle safety standards