Thread: Miinimum lift for a JKU

Time Online: 3 Hrs 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Miinimum lift for a JKU

Yeah, you heard right... What's the minimum lift for a 'JKU? TW won't approve of anything too radical, but she likes the aggressive stance (even though she wants to drive over smart cars).
    so what... 1"? 2""

I'm going to need new rubber on my 18" rims in the spring so I thought I'd look into a lift first to open up my tire options.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs

Miinimum lift for a JKU

A 2 to 2.5" lift gets you lots of options. Do you plan to wheel it or just mall crawl? Reason I ask is the jku has a huge brake over angle and a low lift means you drag the belly on everything. If its just a pavement pounder 2" or so spacer lift will keep the stock ride, let you fit 35s (possibly with a bit of fender work) and give you the look you are after.

As to your rubber plans, consider rims. Reason being you can go to a 17" or 16" rim quite easily, save you some money on the rubber and let you pick a smaller backspacing so you don't need wheel spacers. If you price a quality set of spacers into your tire purchase the savings of the smaller rim tires may make you brake even.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 3 Hrs 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Thanks! There's no question the bulk of my driving will be on road (my Grocery Getter is the GTO!) and there are some road trips in the planning stages. We do get up to a friends lodge by the Southern tip of Algonquin Park where we do some wheeling - though nothing overly hardcore!

I'll add the info to my considerations. Thanks again.