Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Year old JK biggest POS I've ever seem

Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 23 Hrs 40 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 43 Secs

Year old JK biggest POS I've ever seem

Yep issue number 7 hapenned tonight and I'm soo done with this POS need to melt it down and make a Kia out of it! bought it off the lot with 9 kms always dealer maintained on time 2014 full optioned sahara unlimited
    1 engine light on oil pressure switch
    2 tailgate stopper bangs when opening
    3 heater unit turns on full blast for 20 seconds on any setting when first start vehicle
    4 LF fender paint flaked off
    5 driver seat base squeak nonstop over ever bump every stop new base still on back order
    6 engine bog stepping on throttle air cleaner clogged up?? Ya on our mall crawler sees maybe one dirt road a year
    7 major oil leak everywhere under it and leaking all over driveway
    Having lots of fun being a regular at my dealership salesman still trying to get me to buy a new ecodiesel ram after tonight I will never buy another FCA product

Update we are on defect number 13 with 60k on the clock lol loving every bit of it
    Last edited by wantmyroverback; 11-29-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    W "GO PREPARED" W
    2014 Sahara Unlimited
    WARN winch equipped!

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 12 Hrs 58 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs
    I guess its safe to say, your getting nowhere with stealership?
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

Time Online: 3 Days 22 Hrs 42 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    I had issues with mine. Unfortunately they did nothing till I made a complaint to the BBB and the next day they called me and I got the service I needed.

Try another dealership also. I have 2 near me, and one was much better service then the other.
    OF4WD #8170

2013 JK Sport 2dr Gecko green

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 17 Hrs 23 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 47 Secs
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck! The service department of Georgetown Chrysler has been awesome for me before the warranty ran out, but its a bit of a drive for you.....and before you melt it down, I could sure use some straight suspension components!.....
    OF4WD member #7498

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs

That sucks man, shame to see you got a bit of a lemon. Hope they resolve it all for you.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 3 Days 19 Hrs 52 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 21 Secs
    I have never understood why people buy a wrangler and expect it to be a reliable comfortable daily driver lol they are junk all jeeps are junk its Chrysler always has been they are designed to be fun to take top and doors off but be cheaply built full of problems... don't want a vehicle that always has issues don't buy a Chrysler or a jeep haha dodge trucks are as bad or worse it seems from all my buddies

buddy of mine just got a 2016 rubi jku and it has horrible paint job he has been complaining as well... if I listed all the problems with my 2012 everyone would turn and run but I expected it when buying it
    2012 JKU Sahara, SD HP60 Front, GM 14 Bolt shaved rear, 5.38s, locked/Spooled, 4 link front 3 link rear, Oris, TR Double Beadlocks, 42" tsl sx2, PSC Full Hydro, D3 bumpers, D3 skids, D3 Rock Rails, D3 Cage, and lots more...
    OF4WD #5252

Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 17 Hrs 59 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 11 Secs

Quote Originally Posted by wantmyroverback View Post
    need to melt it down and make a Kia out of it!
    Hahaha funny you mentioned that, I just traded in my jeep commander for a 2016 kia sorento turbo
    99 TJ My "KIJIJEEP" build thread
    06 Jeep Commander - Lifted, 32's, custom skids, factory e-lockers, oh yeah and its got a HEMI!!!
    OF4WD #6827
    Tri-City Jeep Club

Thank you everyone yes you are all right they are junk lol so back to the dealer tomorrow to see about oil leak

Time Online: 3 Days 22 Hrs 42 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    I dont know if calling them junk is that bad. I made it all the way to 15,000 kms before getting the transmission replaced.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by just-lift-it View Post
    ... don't want a vehicle that always has issues don't buy a Chrysler or a jeep haha dodge trucks are as bad or worse

With the age of the internet and vast wealth of info out there, it baffles me that anyone buys a Chrysler and expect reliability. Nearly everyone I've known or heard from, is very happy with their Chrysler and the "bargain" they got in the first year of ownership, by the 2nd year they start worrying about stuff but hope for the best, by the 3rd year they realize "bargain" it was not. I've read the Ram pickups have improved a fair bit lately, but I bet you still have to be handy kinda guy.

OP, I'd try a different dealer, and absolutely document everything, sounds like you get a nice lemon there.
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 10 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD DAWG View Post
    With the age of the internet and vast wealth of info out there, it baffles me that anyone buys a Chrysler and expect reliability. Nearly everyone I've known or heard from, is very happy with their Chrysler and the "bargain" they got in the first year of ownership, by the 2nd year they start worrying about stuff but hope for the best, by the 3rd year they realize "bargain" it was not. I've read the Ram pickups have improved a fair bit lately, but I bet you still have to be handy kinda guy.

OP, I'd try a different dealer, and absolutely document everything, sounds like you get a nice lemon there.
    I have a 2008 Ram 1500, it's had its issues, but the old girl has 250K on it and still rolling strong. And YES the transmission SUCK! But she hauls the jeep and 5vr no problem!
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    The problem today is everyone will take the time to bitch, moan and complain online when there is an issue. No one takes the time when there isn't an issue to give thanks, kudos etc.

I have a few friends with 13 Ram+'s non of them have had major issues. One of those friends has a 2014 with 180,000+km on it and he had a nav screen issue that was handled by the dealer but other then that its just been the regular wear and tear stuff he lives in his truck for work.

As a business we see thousands of JK's a year with very little issues.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 6 Hrs 5 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    yup, they're like drugs, you know they're bad for you, but they're so fun you just want more or you start twitching and scratching.

sorry to hear bout your stealership issues. It is very aggravating to invest into something to see it's a pit of nightmares.

my old yj was an electrical lemon back in the day, my TJ had some issues too, and here I am, 17 years later, trying to find the TJ, i've tracked it down to Barrie, getting closer lol...

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 17 Hrs 2 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 57 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    The problem today is everyone will take the time to bitch, moan and complain online when there is an issue. No one takes the time when there isn't an issue to give thanks, kudos etc.

I have a few friends with 13 Ram+'s non of them have had major issues. One of those friends has a 2014 with 180,000+km on it and he had a nav screen issue that was handled by the dealer but other then that its just been the regular wear and tear stuff he lives in his truck for work.

As a business we see thousands of JK's a year with very little issues.

I strongly agree with this point and it's the mentality I take when purchasing any item and reading reviews online. For the most part, only people that have issues will post something unless incentivized to do so so you have to take it with a grain of salt regardless. Yes, there are certainly lemons out there but it's more than likely (and unfortunate) that you got somewhat of a dud. If 250,000 JKs are sold every year, it's impossible to believe and say "they're all duds" or all products from XXX manufacturer is junk.

I can provide you as many horror stories as I can success. A friend's Ram that has 320,000 MILES with no major issues beyond regular maintenance and minor body rust, my old Cherokee that had almost 400,000 kms. I personally know multiple Cummins owners with over 1,000,000 miles with no major powertrain issues. I can give just as many examples for Ford/GM owners as well.

That said, poor dealer service is something to not stand for. My personal recommendation is to escalate it to their management if you're not getting what you need. Going to another dealer may solve the issue for you but you shouldn't have to deal with that inconvenience.
    Tri-City Jeep Club

Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Days 6 Hrs 48 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 8 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanqueray View Post
    drugs
    I'm in
    IM GOING TO FECAL IN YOUR GARDEN

Time Online: 5 Days 13 Hrs 32 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    Years ago, I owned a late 80s hilux surf. I still miss it, and I keep hoping that one day Toyota will decide to compete with Chrysler, offering a newer Landcruiser (not an FJ... something similar to the 40 series). With wranglers being so popular, it would be cool to have a different option of a reliable, diesel, convertible 4x4 out there. Ah well, until then I'm happy in the heep.

Jeeps back...Oil cooler cracked...4hr job we,ll see what goes next
    Thank you everyone for your comments views a few funny ones that's for sure keep em coming I'm reading them all to make me feel better lol
    Last edited by wantmyroverback; 01-07-2016 at 06:18 PM.

And yes Jeep brand sold 1.1 million units last year so there is a FEW good ones out there but certainly not mine

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    Really? You mean to tell me you've never read or heard a single happy Honda or Toyota owner?

I realize this is a Jeep site, filled with Jeep owners, Chrysler employees, or somehow make a living because of the brand. I also realize how limited your conyrol over quality is, and you undoubtedly do your best for your customers, but let's be honest here, there's a damn good reason Chrysler comes in near the bottom for every reliability test ever done.

Jeeps are cool and one of a kind, the Dodge Rams are good looking trucks, and some of the sports car look wicked too. Chrysler should be honest and market those traits, and not the promise all of their models will see 100Ks before they need to be scraped.

Time Online: 6 Hrs 5 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD DAWG View Post
    Really? You mean to tell me you've never read or heard a single happy Honda or Toyota owner?
    original poster wanted stories so here's mine.

A long long time ago, I was young, single and bought a 99 TJ sahara, it was the first 99 off the lot, it was my second jeep, it was my baby. I think I had more fun with the YJ but the TJ was my pride and joy, it was top of the line and had the 4L unlike my YJ. Ultimate freedom with the top down and doors off

Aside from normal wear and tear stuff (for a jeep), there was a few recalls on it, one of em being the block heater. Well the mech took out the dash to replace it as it's apparently easier that way (whatever, i'm not a mech but I was apprehensive about this). It was in the fall, I turn it on, try a few knobs on the dash make sure everything's ok and heater doesn't turn higher then second speed, it feels like it's blocking on something. Not even out of the service bay and already making another appointment to bring it back in. Back in, they "adjusted it" (aka lube), dash apart again. I try it again, it's not any better, fix it. 3rd appointment they take apart the dash again and replace the heater. apparently something got bent or something while replacing the block heater. Whatever, it's fixed...

At the time that all this happened, the 3 year part of the vehicle's warranty is expired (3/5 warranty). Here comes the boom. I'm driving along and suddenly all the needles on the dash lock where they are... WTF?? I keep driving a few seconds, small bumps in the road and dash comes back to life. I'm like alrighty then. So I sort of pass it off as weird, but then it starts happening more and more over a week or so, sometimes they go to 0, sometimes stay where they are. I don't know if it's in dash or computer or something to the motor (like i said I'm not a mech). Bring it in to the garage again. Ya your dash is broken, we'd have to replace it completely O_o. I'm thinking oh ya right, and would you like access to a line of credit on my mortgage. So I tell him they took apart my dash 3 times in a row and suddenly dash doesn't work and it's my fault, I'm not buying that story. Oh and btw, my best friend was owner of this chrysler stealership (not anymore btw, but that's a different story with a dodge crapavan lol, but can't say I was impressed with him in either scenario).

Anyways, I knew a geek that had like 12 satellite dishes in his back yard who used to fix and install everything that was car audio/alarm related. He took apart my dash (poor dash...) and fixed it for 50$, was a shorted wire from all the taking apart that happened, it was plainly visible, he wasn't impressed. Before seeing him, I had figured out the short was not to the engine or anything because I got angry one day and punched it hard enough that the needles came back right away, doesn't take a mech to put one and one together! Who said violence doesn't solve anything

Where am i going with this and why did I quote the honda comment? I sadly traded in the jeep for a new civic LX because of financial issues, married, house etc etc and the new civic cost me 200$ thanks to high resale value on trade in of a 4 year old jeep (paid debit for new car lol). Well that civic, I had it for 5 years and never ever had any issues with it, I don't think I ever brought it in for any warranty work. Don't get me wrong, it was a boring car to drive, i personally hated it, but it never ever had any issues. When we sold it the cat was apparently due to be replaced when person got it inspected. Well guess what, it passed on warranty even if it had just come off warranty and they even changed the exhaust front to back.

my YJ was an electrical lemon, 4 cyl, and didn't even have power streering or power brakes, that's how basic it was
    my TJ wasn't too bad but wasn't great reliability wise I guess, a few warranty, a few recalls, nothing near as bad as crapavan I had
    The crapavan, brakes yearly, rear AC dead due to piss poor placement of hoses, hard on gas and fairly expensive insurance. minivan is so boring to drive they suck the life out of you, just snip off your junk before buying one of these. And the traction control was the first thing I turned off after turning on the lifesucker every single time I got in, it was that horrible. Traded it in for mazda cx5 which costs me about 1/3 of cost of gas per week and 25$ less a month in insurance (and it's was new hah!)
    my parent's grand cherokee was an electrical lemon, it was always in pieces.
    I had a VW golf that was riddled with issues, never ever touch a vw again, they're fun to drive and cute but it was horrid experience
    Had a couple subarus, 06 impreza and a 04 forester XT (STI block, stupidly fast SUV, the 04 was fastest of all years, second in acceleration only to porsche cayenne that year in it's class), holy crap these were fun to drive, and they're on my must buy another one list, excellent reliability too. Subaru computers easy to flash, roms everywhere on internet, my xt was pushing 300 hp. Ugly as sin but subaru's awd and that many ponies in the snow make ya giggle like a school girl.
    Currently have a mazda cx5 on warrantee, so far pretty happy with it, fun little grocery getter. hope it stays that way.

Back to fun factor and "it's a jeep thing". I'm wanting to get back into the jeep scene in a couple years again by tracking down my old 99. I feel like homer and the forbidden donut. I know where it is and just need to figure out who that person is now

And that's my story to make ya feel better. (oh and lemons do exist, coworker's 1 week old impreza motor seized after 1 week).

sorry for the long post, but I agree with mud dawg on pretty much everything he said.
    Trying to locate the jeep in my avatar (it's in Barrie)