Thread: Jeep insurance

Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 57 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

Jeep insurance

Not sure how many have heard but I called my insurance company to find out about rates for my tj, It is totally stock right now and was going to put on a 2" lift kit with dana 44s my insurance right now is about 70 bucks a month and would go to somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 a year because of the lift kit. I thought well i would do it anyway and they said if that was done and the cause of the accident was because of modifications to the upgrades insurance would be void. any info on this would be helpful maybe other insurance companies to try?

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 3 Hrs 13 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    Allstate, and Belair both do lifted jeeps without engine/power modifications.
    When you call they say that you are doing customizations.

If they say 'no' call another agent for the same company both of them will do lifts and large tires.

I am not sure what they would say about changing the axles.
    -----------------------
    1991 XJ - Sold
    1985 CJ-7
    1985 CJ-7 - parts - gone
    2006 LJ Unlimited
    -----------------------

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs
    For allstate call an agency way outside the gta. Markham said no, Windsor said yes... Same jeep.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 26 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 9 Secs
    I'm with co-operators and they gave me no hassle and know how the jeep currently sits.

It's worth the extra bit of time calling around and letting them know exactly how your rig is and if they will cover it if you do future mods to it incase of an accident and you are held liable or you get hit.
    Last edited by Tweeter; 02-24-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    IT'S TWEETER B!TCHEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav1 View Post
    "PIPPI APPROVED"
    Attachment 91983
    2004 Subaru forester 2.5 turbo AWD "The General"

1997 TJ sport Rollin' on 33's "Woah Black Betty"

My Mood
    Twisted

Jeep insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter View Post
    I'm with co-operators and they gave me no hassle and know how the jeep currently sits.

It's worth the extra bit of time calling around and letting them know exactly how your rig is and if they will cover it if you do future mods to it incase of an accident and you are held liable or you get hit.
    This will be very very dependent on the agent. I know with 100% certainty that the official company policy is to deny any mods, and that includes locations up to 3h north of the gta that I've been to.

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 23 Hrs 36 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 37 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoistman View Post
    ... and they said if that was done and the cause of the accident was because of modifications ...
    Dumb question perhaps but short of obviously "bad" modifications, how would they prove that a 2" lift for example would be the "cause" of an accident?

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 3 Hrs 13 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by PCO6 View Post
    Dumb question perhaps but short of obviously "bad" modifications, how would they prove that a 2" lift for example would be the "cause" of an accident?
    As per State Farm, a lift will increase the center of gravity making to vehicle unstable.
    But State Farm is okay with larger tires and no lift.

It is all on what the agent wants to do, it has nothing to do with logic.

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 23 Hrs 36 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 37 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeJeep View Post
    As per State Farm, a lift will increase the center of gravity making to vehicle unstable.
    But State Farm is okay with larger tires and no lift.

It is all on what the agent wants to do, it has nothing to do with logic.
    I agree that it will and it isn't logical. Not trying to be argumentative but at what point could anyone say that a lift was the "cause" of an accident. A post accident judgement call by an agent isn't hard evidence. An Automotive Engineer might even have a hard time proving it and of course no one would go to the point of examining it that closely. The safe call by an insurer would be "no mods" period. Not what we, the hot rod, resto mod, etc. guys want to hear.

Time Online: 9 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 15 Hrs 3 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 8 Secs

Jeep insurance

Quote Originally Posted by PCO6 View Post
    I agree that it will and it isn't logical. Not trying to be argumentative but at what point could anyone say that a lift was the "cause" of an accident. A post accident judgement call by an agent isn't hard evidence. An Automotive Engineer might even have a hard time proving it and of course no one would go to the point of examining it that closely. The safe call by an insurer would be "no mods" period. Not what we, the hot rod, resto mod, etc. guys want to hear.
    Whe I was looking for new insurance and my broker was looking for me ever insurer she found wanted a receipt to show the lift was installed by a licensed mechanic and not by me.....

As they 100% know how to install them(yea ok) better the you or I....

This could be why they won't insure due to a lift.

My Mood
    Twisted

Jeep insurance

Basically they will say something like "your larger tires or increased weight caused an increase in stopping distance so it's the mods fault. Claim denided" there is no burden of proof until they deny you and you sue them.