Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck at coke plant

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 47 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 9 Secs
    after reading the tone of this kid's posts and I believe He is a kid by his language. chances are nobody will hear from him again till he screws up again and expects people to rescue him and make it all better. Perfect example of this new generation of adults who take no responsibility for their own actions and blame their own troubles on anybody but themselves. Doomed to repeat until a hard lesson is learned.
    I have Anal Glaucoma- I can't see my ass coming into work today.

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 11 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by BEATSTTC View Post
    after reading the tone of this kid's posts and I believe He is a kid by his language. chances are nobody will hear from him again till he screws up again and expects people to rescue him and make it all better. Perfect example of this new generation of adults who take no responsibility for their own actions and blame their own troubles on anybody but themselves. Doomed to repeat until a hard lesson is learned.
    Well said !
    IT'S TWEETER B!TCHEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav1 View Post
    "PIPPI APPROVED"
    Attachment 91983
    2004 Subaru forester 2.5 turbo AWD "The General"

1997 TJ sport Rollin' on 33's "Woah Black Betty"

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 17 Hrs 32 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Secs
    Well said indeed!
    OF4WD Member# 7832

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 24 Secs
    hopefully he will feel a little bit embarrassed and own up to his mistakes and become a well respected member of jeepkings.
    don't laugh, it's happened before. lets just hope he at least comes back to this site and read these posts and gain the respect from the sensible posters in this thread.
    proud OF4WD member #3875

Stickybongsmoking is offline Yes, this is gawd damn muthafockling CTD NUT.
    Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 42 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 53 Secs
    Oh, he has definitely read the posts.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 23 Hrs 25 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    Been a while since there was a proper lynching around JK. Everytime we get a newbie who screws up or has yet to learn proper land management they get both barrels from everyone on here.

I strongly believe for sustainable management of land and our sport we need to bring the newbs under our wing. Simply beating the crap out of every newb might get a msg across or they might just walk away thinking we are all dicks and ignore all the advice we give. I am not going to defend any of the newbs including the OP of this thread. We need to create a policy for dealing with situations like this so we directly address these situations and keep the beatings to a min.

The sport will grow only if we keep bringing in new members. Chasing away those who don't know any better accomplishes none of our goals. No one likes getting beat up. No one listens to a one sided berating.

I know there are going to be some who need to rant and rave and tell me why this won't work. Go ahead. Make a goal that serves our interests and then determine if we are achieving that goal when we berate these newbs who are screwing things up. A good policy might include rescuing when the OP begs for help but only after contacting police or property owner. Make a policy that promotes our views and protects our name while guiding the offending party to become an informed responsible wheeler.

Let's be leaders instead of a collection of know it alls. Anyone can beat on someone for doing it wrong. Let's be different by showing how to do it right.

Time Online: 5 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 23 Hrs 16 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Mins 35 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by LaiPt View Post
    e!

I'm also questioning whether it is ACTUALLY that bad to offroad at coke plant.
    I know words around says it's very bad but is it TRULY THAT bad?

If they really wanted to keep us out they would have blocked off all the entry points. Clearly someone empathizes with us offroaders to a certain degree.

I didn't see ANY no trespassing signs anywhere when on the trail.

Someone at the Baja meet said the fine is $10 000 for trespassing, but I find that hard to believe.

Will I go to coke plant again?
    I think ... yes.
    But I will definitely be MUCH more prepared.
    Help the newbies yes, but it's hard to accept these statements

Do people not understand that every single piece of property is owned by someone in the GTA and you just can't drive where ever you want.

Private property is private even if it is rutted up, it does not belong to anyone looking to offroad.

I hammered him because there is no excuse for driving anywhere but your property and the street period. And he was hammered about it and stated he would go back, "like whats the big deal man?"

My Mood
    Lurking
    Mt goal is not to "beat him up" about this whole episode but hopefully to open his eyes that this continued behaviour will not be tolerated and a part of me hopes he will prove me wrong by continuing to participate in this and other sites to learn from his mistakes. Hey we all make mistakes and continue to learn from them daily. I hope we can help him mature into a member of the wheeling community. But as they say the first step is admitting our mistakes and learning from them.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 55 Secs
    Do you remember the kid that turned his rubicon into a submarine in the Greenwood conservation area?
    I do too. I was there for the rescue with some fellow JK members.
    He came to me afterwards to have his front ujoints replaced.
    I fixed him good by removing the shafts and putting the outer spuds back in to hold the bearings together.
    I have not heard from Menace since. Has anyone heard from him?
    Do we have another Menace on our hands here?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 22 Hrs 33 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 6 Secs
    Nope that kid dropped off the planet after that one. No idea about this one though, sounds like he just doesn't give a shit.
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 11 Secs
    Rig the coke plant with mines. Nuff' said.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 22 Hrs 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    Nope that kid dropped off the planet after that one. No idea about this one though, sounds like he just doesn't give a shit.
    I do remember him coming back and posting that yes he did mess up and had a wack of fines that helped the lesson set in. If this was the kid that was subbed in the trout sanctuary, you guys are referring to? He at least learned from his mistake. This OP, he seems pretty thick. Who else would sit in there stuck vehicle for 46 hrs. Walk to Mcdonalds for food. But not attempt to get themselves out.
    84 CJ7

03 Hummer H2

06 Honda TRX 450R- sold... Guess im retired

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 7 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs
    Many of us old dudes have done stupid shit like this in our winchless irrational younger days.
    Perhaps, we did respect private property a bit more.
    But, we would have used rocks, branches, logs, jacks, shovels and 2by4s to lift, push and leverage our shit to get unstuck.
    More importantly, we listened, learned and respected any mentors we could find.
    Clearly, this is not the case here.
    Stick to the Mall dude!
    2010 Rubicon 2dr wimp wagon

My Mood
    Lurking
    Speaking of mentors, I have to give a shout out to Hans Starke (may He rest in peace). I showed up @ his shop many, many moons ago and He steered me in the right direction. Never tried to oversell me. One of my favourite experiences was a run we all did up to Greens. Everybody had built rigs and here comes Hans in a stock TJ with GSA tires and up He goes. One bypass the whole way up. Slow and steady He would always say. It's not what ya got, it's how ya use it. I miss the old Cramudgeon and honour Him by becoming a grumpy old fart in my own right.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 10 Hrs 2 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    Speaking of mentors, I have to give a shout out to Hans Starke (may He rest in peace). I showed up @ his shop many, many moons ago and He steered me in the right direction. Never tried to oversell me. One of my favourite experiences was a run we all did up to Greens. Everybody had built rigs and here comes Hans in a stock TJ with GSA tires and up He goes. One bypass the whole way up. Slow and steady He would always say. It's not what ya got, it's how ya use it. I miss the old Cramudgeon and honour Him by becoming a grumpy old fart in my own right.
    If that's the same run I'm thinking of, he had to leave early and was going down the backside of Greens. I tailed him to make sure his little stocker made it. Gawd damn if I wasn't bouncing off trees like I was tripping on acid while he was driving smooth enough that he could've drank an earl grey tea from an open cup.
    1990 YJ - Pavement Sucks. Put out to pasture
    1999 TJ - Pavement Still Sucks. Inherited the good parts from Pavement Sucks to continue the legacy

My Mood
    Lurking
    The only and I mean ONLY thing I ever saw Hans drink was Miller Hi-life all day long. LOL.