Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Looking for these Jeep parts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0

    Looking for these Jeep parts



    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    99 Jeep Tj 4 Inch Lift With The Legendary Front Stinger/Rad Hoop
    96 GMC 6.5 Detroit Turbo Diesel- First Truck
    02 Cavalier- DD
    Let's Build Some Sh*t!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,392
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 6 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 8 Hrs 37 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Mins 37 Secs
    Rep Power
    11
    Steering box changed in 2003 so would be a good idea to post what year your Jeep is.
    1952 Jeep M38 project

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0
    99 jeep tj sport

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Whitby, Ont
    Posts
    10,218
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 4 Days 14 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Rep Power
    20
    Steering box is $250 new with lifetime warranty. (at least mine was)
    Don't buy a used pinion seal, at worst they are $20. new.
    I can get a rear drive shaft, my son is parting out at TJ so he will have both front and rear shafts
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    199
    Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 50 Secs
    Rep Power
    11
    There are two different length of front driveshafts for your Jeep.

    4.0L with manual and auto transmission are different.

    What do you have?
    Last edited by jpaholic; 06-28-2016 at 01:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    97
    Time Online: 5 Days 5 Hrs 15 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 25 Secs
    Rep Power
    0
    I have an interstate battery i pulled out of my TJ a while back. you can take it for free (Hamilton) if you want to come get it, not 100% positive how great it is but it worked fine when i pulled it last year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nobleton
    Posts
    4,464
    Time Online: 9 Mths 5 Days 19 Hrs 58 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Mins 37 Secs
    Rep Power
    18
    I'll message the simpleton. Probably forgot he posted. lol
    97 TJ - The Build
    77 J10 - Death Proof
    11 SRT Challenger with some stuff
    05 Duramax

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0

    Looking for these Jeep parts

    Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    Steering box is $250 new with lifetime warranty. (at least mine was)
    Don't buy a used pinion seal, at worst they are $20. new.
    I can get a rear drive shaft, my son is parting out at TJ so he will have both front and rear shafts
    Yeah I was thinking of going new with steering box, probably worth it. And I need the sye shaft for the rear. I have a front shaft now

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0

    Looking for these Jeep parts

    Quote Originally Posted by jpaholic View Post
    There are two different length of front driveshafts for your Jeep.

    4.0L with manual and auto transmission are different.

    What do you have?
    I have the 4l manual

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0

    Looking for these Jeep parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kruitbosch View Post
    I have an interstate battery i pulled out of my TJ a while back. you can take it for free (Hamilton) if you want to come get it, not 100% positive how great it is but it worked fine when i pulled it last year.
    I might take you up on that, I'll keep you posted next time I'm around Hamilton!

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    628
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 11 Hrs 32 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 27 Secs
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    Steering box is $250 new with lifetime warranty. (at least mine was)
    Can you post up a link Timbo,

    I've been wasting my time getting Durango boxes resealed,
    I find new PSC cost about $500. before shipping,
    so I too would be interested in new steering boxes for $250.

    How does lifetime waranty on it work?
    you remove and ship leaky one to California,
    then wait 6 months for it to get shipped back?

    Lemme know and thanks in advance...

    Billy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Whitby, Ont
    Posts
    10,218
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 4 Days 14 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyToronto View Post
    Can you post up a link Timbo,

    I've been wasting my time getting Durango boxes resealed,
    I find new PSC cost about $500. before shipping,
    so I too would be interested in new steering boxes for $250.

    How does lifetime waranty on it work?
    you remove and ship leaky one to California,
    then wait 6 months for it to get shipped back?

    Lemme know and thanks in advance...

    Billy
    check your PM's bud!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    21
    Time Online: 21 Hrs 16 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Rep Power
    0
    Still looking for a rear sye shaft for a 4 inch lift and stock wheel base

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Whitby, Ont
    Posts
    10,218
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 4 Days 14 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by NewfieNoah View Post
    Still looking for a rear sye shaft for a 4 inch lift and stock wheel base

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    You need to provide the length of DS required, there are several specifications that can impact the length of the drive shaft. Best case would be to get the measurements and take a TJ front or XJ front shaft and have it cut and welded.
    Things that would impact DS length;
    tummy tuck
    Pinion angle
    rear Axle type
    tranny drop
    engine lift
    I am sure there are more, but off the top of my head, those will all impact the length you require. Not to mention what type of SYE, hack and tap, Advance adapters , etc, etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •