Thread: Newbie lift

Time Online: 6 Hrs 10 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

Newbie lift

I am new to jeeps and lift kits. I saw an ad on Kijiji and was wondering what everyone thinks of it. What else would I need and how much work is it to install. I am pretty handy.
    4" suspension lift (coils, sway bars, trac bar ext, tcase drop, ext pitman arm, stock arms etc) $300
    Thanks folks

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 14 Hrs 12 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 49 Secs
    Not a lot to go on. What's your intended use of the vehicle, mall crawling, daily driver with a few mild trails, hardcore wheeling? What type of Jeep are you talking about? What size tires are you going for? I don't like t-case drops, as they defeat the purpose of the lift, ground clearance, but they're fine as a start, or a mall crawler. 4", you should usually have brake lines and some way of adjusting the caster. I'm sure there are other things I'm not thinking of right now, but that's a start. Make sure you get the right kit for what you need the first time, it's cheaper in the long run.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 12 Hrs 58 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	we.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	103714

^^^as tealj states, you need to decide what the end results is before you start tossing cash out the door!
    Do some research, drive your rig for a bit, you will decide what you want.... then have at her!
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

I'm wanting to do some basic trail riding and sand hills. Not planning on crawling.
    I'm going to wait until next spring to do anything I think. Give me some time to research and save for something decent. Thanks

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 5 Days 4 Hrs 52 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 38 Mins 58 Secs
    come out for jk 101 at the end of next may. you'll get a better idea what you may want to do
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs
    There are also a few tickets left for camp NL the weekend after next. You have to be an of4wd member to go but I'm sure if you sign up for a membership and the email them to say you are trying to get into camp NL they will expedite things for you.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Thanks folks.
    I forgot to mention that I have an 02 TJ sport.