Thread: CJ7 Build

Time Online: 2 Days 3 Hrs 24 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs

CJ7 Build

My intent is not to rebuild this CJ to show perfection. I don't have the time or money for that. I really want to drive my CJ.

Like most CJs, this needs work. It looks ok and has a pretty solid frame but the the tub has rust and holes in bottom.

This thread will be a journal of the work I do on my CJ.

School starting soon so won't have time and money to work on this. I'm 15 and got this for a project vehicle so when I get my G I can starting driving. We live on 20 acres so its fun to cruise around. The jeep starts, runs, and breaks. The brake and clutch are little stiff to push. The electrical fried the other day from crappy wiring the last guy did. Only thing that works is starter and Headlights (Somehow).

The Jeep has a less then year old Soft Top, brand new Mickey Thompson tires, new window frame, and new speakers & subwoofer. It has a camouflage DIY piece wrap, blue paint.

What should I be working on? I will need to get this Vehicle certified and apparently my body isn't good enough, I'm looking for a CJ7 tub atm. Also can't get the mirrors in a good position, so I'm searching for some mirrors.

Later on if I change the camo I will be getting different Bumpers since they only look good with the camo.

I got 30 pictures but can only post 10 ;l

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7JNJXMS.jpg  
    Last edited by HARDCORE; 09-02-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 4 Days 10 Hrs 9 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 39 Mins 2 Secs
    looking forward to your build
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

Time Online: 6 Days 21 Hrs 29 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs
    What's wrong with the tub you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post
    What's wrong with the tub you have?
    My father says there is too much rust on the body and it wouldn't be able to pass certification. I trust him but I don't see much at all. We have had jeeps in our family ever since I was born except for one Van for the space. He has grown up with Jeeps, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Willys, etc. My father had them all, he has worked on many so I trust he is right. Sorry for paragraph, I get too deep into stuff sometimes.

Edit: I can post more pictures or a video of the underside later when I get home. If you would like, honestly only the sides are a little rusty. The back doesn't look bad at all.
    Last edited by HARDCORE; 09-01-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 5 Hrs 38 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    It's usually right where the seat belts and Main roll cage hoop attach to the body that goes and it's hard to see until you get in there and poke around.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 22 Hrs 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDCORE View Post
    My father says there is too much rust on the body and it wouldn't be able to pass certification. I trust him but I don't see much at all. We have had jeeps in our family ever since I was born except for one Van for the space. He has grown up with Jeeps, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Willys, etc. My father had them all, he has worked on many so I trust he is right. Sorry for paragraph, I get too deep into stuff sometimes.

Edit: I can post more pictures or a video of the underside later when I get home. If you would like, honestly only the sides are a little rusty. The back doesn't look bad at all.

Nice to see a cj build. Mine took me 4 years. I miss the building part. Lots of good people to help you along here if you get stuck. But it sounds like you're in good hands.

Cheers
    84 CJ7

03 Hummer H2

06 Honda TRX 450R- sold... Guess im retired

Quote Originally Posted by DWG View Post
    It's usually right where the seat belts and Main roll cage hoop attach to the body that goes and it's hard to see until you get in there and poke around.
    Yeah I'll have to check, you got any photos of your finished build? Idk really what I want mine to look like when its done.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Days 20 Hrs 24 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 7 Secs
    Nice...love seeing the old steel coming back to life
    IM GOING TO FECAL IN YOUR GARDEN