Thread: 97 tj drive shaft

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 4 Hrs 14 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 36 Secs

97 tj drive shaft

well over my vacation me and my sister decided to go do a bit of wheeling north of cloyne, well before we went out, her jeep decided to hate us. basically the throwout bearing ceized up and let go, and jammed in the pressure plate, so me in all my stupidity jammed in the clutch and the line blew off the master. luckily all this happened in her front yard! so i trailered it to my place and last night decided it was time to pull the transmission. now on to the problem. the rear drive shaft seems to be ceized on the output shaft of the tcase, i did manage to get the tranny out but it was a pain, and i cant seem to get the shaft to budge on the spline shaft. does anyone have any sugestions as to how i can accomplish this? and make it so it never happens again? ive been spraying some krown penitating fluid at it all day.

oh the jeep is a 97 tj with a 4 banger its got 2 inch spacers and springs from a 4l in it on 33's
    If its a mechanical device i can fix it

Time Online: 9 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 15 Hrs 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 13 Secs
    Never seen that before..... Seen slips seizing on double cardon drive shafts but never the slip in the tcase seize..... All I can suggest is bfg and tap on the yolk ears and hope for the best.... If you get er out grease the piss outta it before u put it back in.. Or get a SYE and yea don't have to worry about it

My Mood
    Happy
    ya i was shocked too. i know she doesnt have the money to go sye and for what she does i dont blame her for not forking it out, hopefully it will come apart without having to dismantle the tcase, which im not sure is even possible the way it is now.

My Mood
    Happy
    Well after work this morning i got frusterated and cut the u joint drilled the cap in the end of the yoke and put a big puller on it and it still fought me all the way off.... gonna keep an eye out for a new shaft and gonna antiseize the crap out of things for now....