Thread: our DD's

Hybrid View

TJ_HOOKER is offline Moderator (yeah that's right, still.)
    My Mood
    Doh
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 5 Hrs 54 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min

our DD's

me and the wifey's DD's......nothing in particular, just figured I'd post something in this mahfk......

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Sounds like you're making friends all over the place.

2015 MK7 VW GTI (Tam's car), catback, INJEN intake, DV+, Eurodyne stage 1.5 tuning 300whp

2015 JK RUBICON 2-door

2010 Harley-Davidson FLHX

TEAM VAS-NUT for life!!!!!!!!1111

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 23 Secs
    nice pair of dubs.
    sounds like you've done a bit to them. who did the tuning? not the guys at EMT on highway 7 is it?

i have a 13 golf tdi wagon that i thought about tuning.
    proud OF4WD member #3875

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    nice pair of dubs.
    sounds like you've done a bit to them. who did the tuning? not the guys at EMT on highway 7 is it?

i have a 13 golf tdi wagon that i thought about tuning.
    As someone who has a 2011 I have been told by my dealer if I want anything from the settlement then not to touch it.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 23 Secs
    i just bought mine earlier this year, during the court procedings, so i don't get anything back from it, as far as i know.
    i can't remember if i signed off on it or not. i know if i bought a used 15, i had to sign off on it, but they didn't have a 2015 tdi wagon anywhere up here. and 16s, they didn't even have them on the lot.

TJ_HOOKER is offline Moderator (yeah that's right, still.)
    My Mood
    Doh
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 5 Hrs 54 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    i just bought mine earlier this year, during the court procedings, so i don't get anything back from it, as far as i know.
    i can't remember if i signed off on it or not. i know if i bought a used 15, i had to sign off on it, but they didn't have a 2015 tdi wagon anywhere up here. and 16s, they didn't even have them on the lot.
    what I have to sign for my used 15 Touareg was that I understand I am buying a TDI during these proceedings and that it may have to come back to be modified. There was nothing about not getting in on any kind of reimbursement. but, I traded it in anyway on a brand new GTI.

as far as tuning goes, my 15 GTI 2 door is by eurodyne, I optioned for the cable where I can connect to their server and revert to stock, it even keeps the flash count unchanged. for the 16 4 door, I went with a BMS JB1 box. it intercepts sensor wires and through software I can add boost over stock levels per every 500 rpm. It also can be a meth controller as well. While not a true "tune" I like this better, with Eurodynes stage 1.5 I found the clutch would slip in 3rd or 4th gear between 3500-4500 rpm.
    Too much torque, and I dialled it back to the stage 1 tune. Now, with the jb1 i've got a nice curve, no slipping in that range as I add more boost just after, and i'm hitting 140kph coming out of 3rd at 5500, 175kph coming out of 4th at around the same rpm. Flat foot shifting is no problem either. all I have is a Go fast Bits DV+, a cold air and stock exhaust for now in the 4 door, and Tams has all the same with a magna flow cat back. Downpipe and Corsa cat back is next for mine. I've lowered the 4 door with WVR springs, but I'm gong to bags next year and moving the springs and spacers to Tams car.

For a TDI, I'd find an APR tuning dealer. Shitty thing is you need to go back to them to flash to stock if ever you need to. Mine, I can do any time, but it gets pricey.

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Malone Tuning is who i will be using for mine if i'm allowed to keep it as they do the DSG tune at the same time. The also have the option for a unit which you can purchase to flash back and forth.