Thread: Wtb cj7/yj tub

Time Online: 2 Days 3 Hrs 24 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs

Wtb cj7/yj tub

Hey guys been purchasing parts for my jeep and I have been looking at tubs but not much are up for sale on kiji, so if anyone has one here please PM me or respond to my ad on kijiji.
    Ad description: "Looking to buy a Jeep CJ7 or YJ tub that has no rot and little to none rust. Price around $400-$1250. Also do not want a tub with much patches, would prefer one without any patches. Offer anything anyways. I usually respond in less then 2 hours by email.
    Thanks, Jack."

Ad link: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....Activated=true

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 10 Hrs 6 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 37 Secs
    contact Blenheimboy. he brings up tubs and frames from the south.
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    contact Blenheimboy. he brings up tubs and frames from the south.
    I have already and we talked, hasn't found a tub yet. Or just forgot to contact me back

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 42 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 19 Secs
    I would say Just Save your Money and Buy a Brand New Steel Tub kit as You will be much happier in the long run and Guaranteed No Rot or Rust and probably not much more then a Mint CJ OE Tub...

You can Always go the Way of a YJ Tub and There are a few decent ones ON Kijijij if you are handy enough to make it work which is nearly bolt on with some modification and the amount depends on how True you want it to look like a CJ Body...
    1989 Jeep MJ: 4.7L Stroker, 4WD Swap, 97+Conversion, RC Long Arm Upgrade Kit, 35x12.5x18 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, WJ D30, WK SRT8 Rear D44 w/approx. 8" Lift
    1983 Jeep CJ7: SOLD

Time Online: 6 Days 21 Hrs 29 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs
    I know someone with an Aqualu tub (CJ7) they may part with, but it would mean picking up the whole project, and is a fair bit more than your budget. You could probably get a lot back parting out axles/engines/transmissions/etc if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman View Post
    I would say Just Save your Money and Buy a Brand New Steel Tub kit as You will be much happier in the long run and Guaranteed No Rot or Rust and probably not much more then a Mint CJ OE Tub...

You can Always go the Way of a YJ Tub and There are a few decent ones ON Kijijij if you are handy enough to make it work which is nearly bolt on with some modification and the amount depends on how True you want it to look like a CJ Body...
    Yeah we're looking for yj tubs, I only found 1 on kijiji but it was patched and slight hole. I would rather buy a rusty tub instead of new kit since this is my first vehicle and just want to get to know building a jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post
    I know someone with an Aqualu tub (CJ7) they may part with, but it would mean picking up the whole project, and is a fair bit more than your budget. You could probably get a lot back parting out axles/engines/transmissions/etc if you wanted.
    I would prefer a original tub, I don't like the steel kits that much. And I don't have much time to be selling parts, sadly. Thanks for the other though.

Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 18 Hrs 33 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 42 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDCORE View Post
    Yeah we're looking for yj tubs, I only found 1 on kijiji but it was patched and slight hole. I would rather buy a rusty tub instead of new kit since this is my first vehicle and just want to get to know building a jeep.
    Haven't forgot about u
    Its worth the wait for a California yj tub
    times are tough in cali, guys asking too much for parts jeeps

Quote Originally Posted by Blenheimboy View Post
    Haven't forgot about u
    Its worth the wait for a California yj tub
    times are tough in cali, guys asking too much for parts jeeps
    Ok! Thanks. Someone on the forum offered me a CJ7 tub but haven't got photos or a description other than "in Good Shape". Hoping to purchase it. We are going to go pickup a full yj today, so if desperate that tub might get used since it looks better then my CJ's. The engine in the yj dosnt work but has good parts for $500. I'll post up about the YJ later when I bring it to my house.