Thread: Help.. 1997 jeep TJ.. With 4X4 connection trouble, 4 in suspension lift,1in body lift

Time Online: 6 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

Help.. 1997 jeep TJ.. With 4X4 connection trouble, 4 in suspension lift,1in body lift

Hi And thanks for having a look.

Long story short,

I bought a 97 TJ half way into a frame off restoration. This was my first jeep and build, I had minimal experience with car repairs. All Parts were not labeled and just put into a box. So I'm trying to figure this out,

The jeep has a 4 in suspension lift, 1in body lift. I'm having trouble reconnecting the 4x4 underneath (all original, except for a bracket that attaches to the piece bolted to the tub on the floor by drivers calf muscle). I had it connect and the connections where on bad angles and I could not get 4 low.

Can anyone with a 97 TJ post a couple pictures of what there 4x4 connections underneath look like(part that attaches to the tub), So first I know what I'm doing is right

Also because of the lift, I'm guessing I need to replace the bracket that bolts to the piece attached to the tub. From what I can tell I need one that is 1 to 1 1/4 longer so that everything line up.

Any help is much appreciated,

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4407.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	104031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4414.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	104032

Time Online: 1 Day 17 Hrs 57 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    You may want to look into a cable shifter to replace the stock mechanism. If you plan to do any off-roading it gets all twisted up and doesn't shift well. And thats on a stock jeep. Add into it the body lift and that messes the angles more. Theres a few companies out there that make them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 22 Hrs 33 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 6 Secs
    The bracket you show in the picture is the drop bracket that likely came with the lift kit. There are lots of other options that remove the linkage from the body, this makes it shift
    https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/shifters/sk2x/
    I actually ripped my linkage out completely and run a direct shift, but that requires some bastardization and some YJ parts
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

120 HARRY WALKER PKWY NORTH, UNIT 2, NEWMARKET ON
    Time Online: 2 Wks 23 Hrs 30 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    If you don't have any luck piecing together the stock system hit us up at TMRCustoms.ca for a Cable Shifter Kit from Advance Adapters. It's far superior to the factory set-up!

Here's the LINK to the Advance Adapters Jeep TJ Cable Shifter for NP231 & NP241 on our site, it currently qualifies for Free Shipping!

TMR CUSTOMS - THE BRANDS YOU WANT FROM THE GUYS YOU TRUST!

120 Harry Walker Pkwy N, Newmarket ON, L3Y 7B2 - www.tmrcustoms.ca - 905 235 8671 - sales@tmrcustoms.com

Time Online: 6 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Thanks for the replies,

I fabricated a new bracket today, and hooked everything up, adjusting the linkage and took it for a test run, all is working. With any luck my 5.00 dollar fix will keep rolling on all 4's.

Thanks again.