Thread: scammer

Time Online: 20 Hrs 53 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs

scammer

I was on autotrader looking at some jeeps and saw a 2004 'wrangler' for $3400 cert.
    It had a winch and a nice bush bar, a hard top and a roof rack. Was very tempting.

I contacted the guy and got this back:
    "> Hello,
    > Got ur reply about my 2004 Jeep Wrangler and i confirm that the vehicle is still for sale for $3300.
    > It's a 2004 year model in great condition with only 112000 kms,automatic transmission,gasoline fuel type.
    > With A/C,radio & cd,airbags,abs,alarm.
    > Everything works fine,no liens.
    > Safetied and e tested.
    >
    > I'm getting rid of my vehicle cuz i no longer use it since i traveled out for a job contract and i left the vehicle to a family friend who was keeping it since a few months but he called me some days ago and said that he's moving out of the province and he can't any longer keep the vehicle.
    > I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
    > The vehicle is currently with a private truck driver and he's the one in the charge of the sale and of the delivery as well.
    > I spoke with the trucker and told him i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and address so that he will bring the car and all its paperwork to ur driveway with no cost at u and once the car is brought to you,you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if everything checks out u will take the car and settle the payment of the $3300 to become the new owner of this nice vehicle.
    >
    > Get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the vehicle will be brought to u asap:
    > Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................
    >
    > I'll be waiting to hear from u asap."

I told him that it sounds like a scam and the funny thing is that now the jeep is no longer on autotrader..

anyway.. just a warning to keep an eye open for the scammers out there. I'm betting that the vehicle was stolen or who knows what the deal was.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ArmoredFilms.com
    Paint protection film & tint

Time Online: 3 Days 9 Hrs 16 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    Agreed, I have seen many of these. The first red flag is the poor use of grammar. Second-the long winded story. Most of my vehicle transaction emails are less than 3 sentences each.

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 5 Days 4 Hrs 52 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 38 Mins 58 Secs
    sounds fishy to me
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

Time Online: 4 Mths 3 Days 6 Hrs 48 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 8 Secs
    Or buddy the trucker shows up in the night at your address and jacks one of your vehicles never to be seen again.
    IM GOING TO FECAL IN YOUR GARDEN

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs
    Probably the guy takes out 12 credit cards in your name and maxes them out more likely.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 2 Days 9 Hrs 30 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Secs
    There are TONS of ads like that on Autotrader. It's become a dumping ground for scams (er wait it always has been!)
    This and dealers advertising their ads as private sellers so they don't have to pay.
    Last edited by Icarus; 03-12-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Ϣr