Thread: 1969 Jeep CJ6

Time Online: 3 Wks 19 Hrs 7 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 47 Secs

1969 Jeep CJ6

I haven't been on here in a long time but thought someone on here might be interested in a Jeep I stumbled upon. This is not my Jeep and I have nothing to gain from its sale. I just thought it was too good to let sit in a barn if someone on here is interested in it.

It's a 1969 CJ6 the Jeep is in pretty solid condition the frame is excellent and the body has a few spots but not bad. I looked in the tool box and it is very clean and not rusted at all, the firewall is perfect and the body sides need a couple small areas patched. It has been patched before as it has checker plate on the inside tub wheel wells. You can still see the body seams on the side where they extend the 5 into a 6 and the tailgate and floors are good.

The VIN is 8405017 and decodes like this
    84 - CJ6 Universal
    05 - Open Body
    0 - universal
    1 - Left hand drive
    7 - 225 V6

It is currently in pieces and some parts are missing but most of it is there. Sadly the one thing that is missing is the V6 Engine. However the transmission and T case are there and the Tcase has a P.T.O. mounted to it. Forgot to include the Jeep comes with Meyer half cab Hard top and doors in excellent condition

I only have one poor picture as I forgot my phone at home when I went to look at it. I was considering buying it for myself and if I had the energy to do another Jeep I would have been all over it. I have moved on to a 1970 Chevy Truck that takes all my time and resources so I'm sharing this one here.

$1800

If your interested let me know and I will put you in touch with the owner and you can deal directly with him.
    Last edited by Kennuck; 04-19-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    Don't let fear and common sense get in your way.

1985 CJ7 Aluminum tub, 31's
    1985 CJ7 Fiberglass, lift, 33's, 5.3 Vortec, NV3550
    1985 CJ7 All steel
    Doing my part to keep these old CJs alive

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 22 Hrs 14 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 37 Secs
    That's very tempting. My first Jeep was a 1969 CJ5 back in the early/mid '70s. The 225 was a great little engine. I don't remember seeing any CJ6's back then. I guess I was having too much fun with the one I had and probably wasn't paying attention.

CJ6's are relatively rare in Canada. They were made in much smaller numbers than the 5's.
    That's why someone needs to save this one. :-)

Added some more info. Jeep comes with a Meyer Half Cab Hard Top and doors in excellent condition.

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 22 Hrs 14 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 37 Secs
    ^^^ That's what mine had too. I didn't have a soft top for it. It also had a Meyers snow plow and that's mainly what I used it for. I think that was a fairly common package back then. It sounded like a tin can on the inside ... but heat was never a problem.